Owls retained list.

The whole Hurst saga stinks of greed with the club being held to ransom by people who should be ashamed of them selves.

Why should a player accept a contract that he feels worth more than?

Regardless of our opinion of whether he is good enough or not.

Why should a player accept a contract that he feels worth more than?

Regardless of our opinion of whether he is good enough or not.

even though hes asking for far more than the club pays for players of his age? greedy

he needs to take what the club pay for his age, knuckle down, learn, grow, get into the first team and take it from there

even though hes asking for far more than the club pays for players of his age? greedy

he needs to take what the club pay for his age, knuckle down, learn, grow, get into the first team and take it from there

Id agree.Its about learning your trade and gaining exp.Arsen venger once said giving a lot of money to youngsters is like giving a donkey strawberries!.If hes good enough over the coming years the money will roll in but youngsters and big money can be a major problem imo

Football is a sport where contracts are done on an individual basis.

I assume he is being given a contract for that is top of what is normally offered to players of his age and ability. But that doesn't mean all players of his age will get the same contract.

If he feels he is worth more than the contract he is offered, he would be foolish to sign it.

Whether or not he is worth more is another matter and down to opinion.

I would like to know how he comes to the conclusion he is worth what he is asking for. Especially given he has done nothing at senior level.

Football is a sport where contracts are done on an individual basis.

I assume he is being given a contract for that is top of what is normally offered to players of his age and ability. But that doesn't mean all players of his age will get the same contract.

If he feels he is worth more than the contract he is offered, he would be foolish to sign it.

Whether or not he is worth more is another matter and down to opinion.

I would like to know how he comes to the conclusion he is worth what he is asking for. Especially given he has done nothing at senior level.

Individual to an extent, but clubs have a ceiling level, seems hes trying to go above that when SWFC stated themselves

Hirst, who progressed through the Owls' academy, rejected a new long-term deal at the end of last year, which the club have claimed would have made him the best-paid player for his age in their history.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5595103/Jos-Luhukay-admits-hard-hold-George-Hirst-amid-Manchester-United-interest.html

HE rejected an offer that would make him the best paid player for his age in their history...yet it wasnt good enough.

That doesn't mean much though. Because, until recently, the owls youth team haven't had a player who would command a big salary.

Wages will always inflate.

Therefore it wouldn't be hard to get to the top of the spectrum.

It doesn't mean that the offer is acceptable.

I do like that the owls have stuck to their guns.

But I still reiterate, he would be foolish to accept an offer if he feels it doesn't meet what he feels he deserves.

Whether he has been misadvised, is mistaken in his own ability, the owls have underestimated his potential etc. We will never know I suppose.

But if he doesn't start playing games sooner rather than later, then he will ultimately be the one who loses out.

I do feel that had he been given a few games, especially during the injury crisis, that this whole saga would have been sorted. Because it may have shown the owls his worth or hirst may have seen that he is not ready to ask for the monies he is wanting.

But if he doesn't start playing games sooner rather than later, then he will ultimately be the one who loses out.

thats exactly it, HE wont grow if he doesnt play with the big boys and command an even bigger wage eventually.

offer hirst a top wage and he will repay us many times over and he will play for us in the premier and could be our saviour and save us millions in years to come,short sighted approach doesn't normally save money or help clubs,hes a top young England player ,get him in the first team and pay him what hes worth,or regret a big mistake later,lee Gregory utd,varney wed,plus many more mistakes come to mind,although I don't think theres was wages.

thats exactly it, HE wont grow if he doesnt play with the big boys and command an even bigger wage eventually.

Perhaps that is why he is not signing, because he hasn't been entrusted in the first team.

Are we sure it is all about money? I know there's plenty of rumours of him wanting x amount...

Perhaps that is why he is not signing, because he hasn't been entrusted in the first team.

Are we sure it is all about money? I know there's plenty of rumours of him wanting x amount...

If he'd carried on doing what he was doing and not spat the dummy out over money he'd be in the first team now, due to the injury crisis we played numerous young uns (Wildsmith, Dawson, Thornilly, Clare, O grady and a couple more i think) at one point we only had one striker that could play if i remember right. THE only reason he hasnt was because of the spat and the contract he got? something like that so he couldnt play for the first team, possibly a punishment? i dont know the details