Black Bins: Are Monthly Collections on the Horizon?

It would be best to double bag something like a cat. Especially if we are moving to monthly collections.

Then it wont get out.

Has the cat been let out of the bag?

Are monthly collections being considered?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-council-deny-monthly-black-bin-collection-claims-1-9214877

I think they are looking at black bins every 2 weeks, blue bins will become paper and card, which will be once a month and an introduction of a brown bin to replace the blue boxes, which will be for glass, tins and plastics - which will be every month.

Guest makapaka

I’ve heard it’s going to be every 2 months.

The headline in The Star says it all: "Sheffield Council deny monthly black bin collection claims"

So that answers the question posed in the OP.

From the FB page which started this hare running:

"The post re monthly-only black bin collections has been deleted because according to a Council Officer , it is inaccurate.

Yesterday, a different Council Officer informed over the phone that black bin collection was being considered for monthly collection .

This is apparently not the case.

The other Officer today emailed that there is categorically no such plan to do that.

So no need to panic!"

Edited by max

For what ever reason they failed to empty my blue bin today which was left in the same place as always thought for a minute they were also moving the blue bins to monthly but it turns out that all the other bins in the street had been emptied so perhaps the problem was that it was not full

The headline in The Star says it all: "Sheffield Council deny monthly black bin collection claims"

So that answers the question posed in the OP.

From the FB page which started this hare running:

"The post re monthly-only black bin collections has been deleted because according to a Council Officer , it is inaccurate.

Yesterday, a different Council Officer informed over the phone that black bin collection was being considered for monthly collection .

This is apparently not the case.

The other Officer today emailed that there is categorically no such plan to do that.

So no need to panic!"

To be honest,.SCC & their officers don't have a great track record of telling the truth as of late.

I'll believe it when I hear it from the horse's, (Dore's), mouth.

No changes would happen until the next budget is set anyway, so that will be over 9 months off.

Post #3 is correct. They are reducing the frequency of collection of recyclables. My blue bin is currently full after 2 weeks, so more will end up going to landfill/incineration.

Post #3 is correct. They are reducing the frequency of collection of recyclables. My blue bin is currently full after 2 weeks, so more will end up going to landfill/incineration.

.....in other, entirely unrelated news, flytipping is on the rise, as is the amount of money having to be spent clearing up flytipping.

If only someone could work out WHY flytipping is on the rise.....

I think they are looking at black bins every 2 weeks, blue bins will become paper and card, which will be once a month and an introduction of a brown bin to replace the blue boxes, which will be for glass, tins and plastics - which will be every month.

I dont even have a blue bin or box....

and I have too much glass and card to fit in a 'box' need a bin for each...

Penny wise, pound foolish. Sums up the bin collections.

Angel1.