Sheffield pie shop location

On Chris Evans show this morning he was talking to a nice sounding Russian lady who owns a pie shop

Where is it?

There's an address in Mosbrough under their contact us page.

A mobile number for trade enquiries which is "office hours only"? Doesnt look very professional.

A mobile number for trade enquiries which is "office hours only"? Doesnt look very professional.

What's unprofessional about requesting people only call them during office hours? That's almost the definition of a professional business...?!

I heard her on Chris Evans, she sounded great fun and I really want to try one of her pies. I hope she gets a good uptick in business because of it.

What's unprofessional about requesting people only call them during office hours? That's almost the definition of a professional business...?!

I heard her on Chris Evans, she sounded great fun and I really want to try one of her pies. I hope she gets a good uptick in business because of it.

Well you dont have a mobile number listed, it just looks unprofessional and gives the impression of a "fly by night" operation. Virtual phone numbers cost next to nothing.

And people can of course leave a voicemail outside office hours if they so wish.

Still, good luck to her. If the owner is reading it is merely some friendly advice.

Edited by EmmaJones76

Well you dont have a mobile number listed, it just looks unprofessional and gives the impression of a "fly by night" operation.

No it doesn't. Not all businesses want a landline. That's so 20th century.

No it doesn't. Not all businesses want a landline. That's so 20th century.

Many people still want the reassurance of a landline number, if I see a static operation with only a mobile number listed it makes me think twice. Bit like businesses that have "hotmail" or "freeserve" email addresses.

Still, lets agree to disagree eh?

They used to have a stall in the new Moor Market and I had several of their pies and pastries, which are excellent by the way. They closed down because the market regulars weren't adventurous enough and the lunchtime office workers hadn't found the place yet.

They did have a little cafe after they moved out of the market, but I think they're now just based in a commercial unit off Devonshire Green, only having a retail-facing presence at some of the regional markets (e.g. Lincoln) and food events (e.g. Cannon Hall Food Festival) at the moment, as far as I know.

Give them a ring and ask them. They might do a pop-up stall back at the Moor Market after this recent promotion, I guess?

Many people still want the reassurance of a landline number, if I see a static operation with only a mobile number listed it makes me think twice. Bit like businesses that have "hotmail" or "freeserve" email addresses.

Still, lets agree to disagree eh?

It used to be reassuring but its oh so easy to redirect a landline to a dodgy place. There are people who are on the road a lot and try to keep all calls centrally organised on the mobile, makes life easier.

If this makes you think twice that is fine, nothing wrong with it. There will come a day in the future no one has a landline anymore and people joke about it like the telegram morse code days.

is this the great pie man,that was in the the market,then left,but normally does the farmers markets,he was our best farmers market stall in 2016 and 2017 at our festival

he was called kevins pies and he works more hours than any other person I know and they taste great

people joke about it like the telegram morse code days.

.- -. -.. / .-- .... .- - .----. ... / .-- .-. --- -. --. / .-- .. - .... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..

[translation] And what's wrong with Morse Code? [/translation]