A cross county journey planner?

Can anyone help me?

I commute from Sheffield to Mansfield quite often and its really fustrating because I have to use both the east midlands and south yorkshire journey planners and make a best guess between the 2 the best route. It also wont let me go to postcode on either site because it doesnt have the timetables for each others services. (seriously try it)

Does anyone know of a better journey planner that covers derbyshire nottinghamshire and south yorkshire all together?

thanks

I presume you are talking about buses and not trains? Because if it was trains you could use the National Rail Online Journey Planner - just type "OJP" into google. That's a very good tool and I use it all the time.

If I had to commute between Sheffield and Mansfield by bus I'm not sure how I'd do it. At one time there was an "East Midlands" bus service, the number 3 to be precise, that ran from Sheffield to Mansfield, but I doubt such a thing exists now. So it's probably a case of going from Sheffield to Chesterfield and then changing there for Mansfield?

there is the 53 and a for the evening. Thats where the problem lies. That one only goes to halfway. Trying to get from halfway to my house is tricky when i can only get the journey planner to go to sheffield. It becomes undecided whether to go to eckington bus station for the 50 or another random bus stop for the 50, or even the tram.

And no, its not a simple case of using national rail, as much as I like to. the most efficient route is to go via alfreton as it cuts off the need to go through nottingham, or even worksop, so to plan that journey I actually use three journey planners, east midlands, national rail and south yorkshire.

yup, its a complex one.

I can see what you mean. I'm assuming you don't drive then? Because if you did then maybe you could drive up to Halfway and leave a car there? I may be mistaken but I thought there was some kind of park n ride around there?

Another option could be to get a small motorcycle or moped? I suppose it depends if you need to carry lots of stuff around with you, but if you don't then that may be an alternative to the complex maze of public transport.

wish i could drive cos i could do the journey in half the time :(

its often by accident I find these connections, but typically today with northern rail and tram works my plans have gone awry.

i usually ignore the journey planner telling me to get a 50, but go for a tram instead because it gets me to a better place for my onward bus in town. now the improvement works means that journey will take longer and ill miss my connection in town. and the reduced timetable because of northern rail..

yea, today its not looking like an easy journey home.

Have you tried http://www.traveline.info/ ?

It allows you to enter postcode for start / end points and you can use the "More Options" bit to restrict your mode of travel to buses if you want to.

Guest busdriver1

I believe google maps now offers the service you require

It allows you to enter postcode for start / end points and you can use the "More Options" bit to restrict your mode of travel to buses if you want to.

I second that it's worked when I've done journeys out of south Yorkshire,.

On the National Rail app you can add journeys to go via a certain place, if that would help you?

Indeed Traveline is the national journey planner and probably the best bet, or use google maps which uses traveline data