Trail of damage in Norfolk Park

Be careful where you park your car in Norfolk Park.

I left mine at the end of a line of cars in Norfolk Park Road while I visited my mother in the post-stroke rehabilitation home. At about 3pm I returned to my car and made a phone call prior to setting off. It was then that I heard loud laughter from somewhere in front, and the sound of a spray paint can being shaken. My view was obstructed by the vehicle ahead of me, a white VW Tiguan.

A group of teenagers then hurried past and disappeared up the road. I got out expecting to see some sprayed graffiti on a wall. Instead, I quickly became aware that they had gone along the line of cars, defacing them with yellow paint.

Clearly my car was next, which is why the individual concerned was shaking his can in readiness. He must have thought better of it when he saw the car was occupied.

Of all the despicable crimes, this one is right down there with the worst. It's pointless - those who did it make no gain from their action. It has caused upset and needless expense to the victims, many of whom will be the dedicated NHS staff who work at the unit and who will end up paying for this lowlife's idea of fun.

I only wish I had realised more quickly what was going on and that I'd got a better look at them.

What did the police say?

They said it's a pity a train wasn't going past.

They said it's a pity a train wasn't going past.

like it!!!:hihi:

Park Grange Road has recently had a spate of windows smashed on cars - presumably smash and grab type crimes. Seems to be an ever increasing problem!