Cat with behavior problems, can these be solved?

We have bought a cat a few months ago and he is being let out, however we are concerned about his behaviour and we would like some advise

One of the things he is doing is fighting with other cats who come onto what he perceives as his area. We aren't in the wild and so there is no need for territory

He also walks across other people's gardens and apparently toilets in people's gardens.

He is also climbing on walls and sitting on other people's fences

Is there anything we can do about this?

The problem here is that whether you believe that a cat should have a territory or not really isn't relevant. Cats are territorial and like to sit on high points to observe their territory and that's nothing to do with size of garden or area you live in.

I spent far more time apologising for my (now sadly no longer with us) boy Isaac than I ever did having good times with him. He was a thug, a bully and he didn't let humans dictate where he went. If he wanted in your house and you didn't let him, he'd just wait until you opened an upstairs window then run up the bricks and use that as his way in. Or he'd land on you while you washed up, having come in through your kitchen window, or run between your legs when you opened the door or break in through your cat flap.

For him this was natural, and cats do that sort of thing. If you don't like this behaviour I'd suggest keeping him inside so that he can't engage in any of these behaviours.

They also will go to the toilet wherever they please and it comes down to neighbours showing him that being in their garden is unpleasant enough to make him not want to go back into their garden. Again, the alternative is to keep him inside where you know that he's using the litter tray.

The disadvantage of keeping him in is that then you have to provide day to day entertainment to a cat who is understimulated and lacking cat-cat interaction, as well as birds, mice and other 'toys' to chase.

The only way that you can moderate his behaviour in this way at all is if he's entire. Reducing his testosterone should make him a little less dominant and a little less likely to fight, but it won't stop it, and Isaac was a bossy little git from the moment he arrived until the moment he popped his furry clogs. The only control was Billy, the head tom who could make him back down with a stare.

We have bought a cat a few months ago and he is being let out, however we are concerned about his behaviour and we would like some advise

One of the things he is doing is fighting with other cats who come onto what he perceives as his area. We aren't in the wild and so there is no need for territory

He also walks across other people's gardens and apparently toilets in people's gardens.

He is also climbing on walls and sitting on other people's fences

Is there anything we can do about this?

Medusa's advice is solid good advice. My advice is don't buy cats if you haven't the faintest idea about what cats do.

Medusa's advice is solid good advice. My advice is don't buy cats if you haven't the faintest idea about what cats do.

The issue was our cats unacceptable behaviour

It doesn't need to fight as it has nothing to prove

The issue was our cats unacceptable behaviour

It doesn't need to fight as it has nothing to prove

You are either totally clueless, or pretending to be for your own perverse amusement. I suspect the latter and I think you've come to the pets section as too many people have sussed you elsewhere.