Endcliffe Park Cafe

Was walking through Endcliffe park yesterday, with the weather being nice and the fun fair there it was quite busy. Yet the cafe still shut it's doors at 5. They would have done a roaring trade if they were open for a few more hours. It's the same with Forge Dam cafe, closes at 4 even when it's packed. Do these places not want the trade?

Endcliffe Park cafe is very good I would say. They know what staffing is required to make the business work pretty well as they've been doing it under the current regime for several years. The weather has been good recently so loads of people want to sit outside the cafe. If it's raining heavily the cafe will only need to cope with the internal capacity.

Forge Dam cafe similarly has to plan its staffing for whatever the weather is and the likely average number of customers.

Had the unpleasant experience of lousy fare at Endcliffe cafe some years back. Grotty. Never went back.

Forge Dam cafe much better. Not great. Average.

Might also be a condition of their license - ?

Endcliffe Park cafe is very good I would say. They know what staffing is required to make the business work pretty well as they've been doing it under the current regime for several years. The weather has been good recently so loads of people want to sit outside the cafe. If it's raining heavily the cafe will only need to cope with the internal capacity.

Forge Dam cafe similarly has to plan its staffing for whatever the weather is and the likely average number of customers.

Not sure I agree about the effective staffing at Endcliffe. Have had to wait around 20 minutes just to get a takeaway coffee on more than one occasion when it's only appeared moderately busy! On the other hand Forge Dam tends to get even busier, particularly around lunchtime, but they seem to have the staff and systems in place to handle the numbers much more effectively.

Was walking through Endcliffe park yesterday, with the weather being nice and the fun fair there it was quite busy. Yet the cafe still shut it's doors at 5. They would have done a roaring trade if they were open for a few more hours. It's the same with Forge Dam cafe, closes at 4 even when it's packed. Do these places not want the trade?

Maybe they don't want to work until 8pm each evening, on the chance of fine weather?

Maybe they value their free time more than a bit of extra trade/work? I know I do, life's too short to spend more of it working than necessary.

Maybe they don't want to work until 8pm each evening, on the chance of fine weather?

Maybe they value their free time more than a bit of extra trade/work? I know I do, life's too short to spend more of it working than necessary.

Time more important than money

More fool them then.

I would guess that it may depend on who owns it - if they are employing staff then the staff would expect some certainty in employment hours - if it is family run then a different matter.