Chocolate truffles

Does anyone have a recipe for this? I have been told they are easy to make and I wanted to make my dad some for his birthday

They are really easy, you just make a ganache

225g dark chocolate (grated)

175ml thick cream

Bring the cream to boil and add the grated chocolate, stir until melted then leave to cool for a couple of hours, roll into balls (using icing sugar on hands to stop them sticking sticking) then roll in icing sugar/cocoa powder/chopped nuts.

You can also do it with milk chocolate, white chocolate or a mix of dark and milk.

:mad: I got to stop reading all these recipes, I now need chocolate :hihi:

:mad: I got to stop reading all these recipes, I now need chocolate :hihi:

Me too! I wish didn't have such a robust appitite:hihi:

I made these with Brandy they were really yummy :thumbsup:

Makes 24

Ready in 1 hour

Ingredients

* 200g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids is good)

* 6 tablespoons strong, black coffee (such as espresso)

* 2 tablespoons clear honey, such as acacia (nothing with too strong a flavour)

* Cocoa powder, to dust

Nutritional Information

Per truffle:

53 calories

Method: How to cook low-fat chocolate truffles

1. Melt your chocolate gently in a large bowl over a pan of simmering water before removing it and setting aside. At this stage, it should appear like a liquid pool of chocolate.

Harry's Tips

1. You could easily flavour the truffles either with booze (I like Champagne or Vin Santo) or with herbs such as rosemary, cardamom or saffron. Simply make up a tea using 150ml boiling water and a good pinch of the chosen herb (having bashed it up vigorously in a pestle and mortar first to release the flavour).

2. Let the 'tea' infuse for 15 minutes and replace the coffee in this recipe with six tablespoons of your own strong, home-made herb tea. Alternatively, replace the coffee with the chosen alcohol, taking care that it is at room temperature or you will upset the chocolate.

2. Gently (it's always best to be gentle with this most delicate friend) pour in the coffee and, using a spatula, give it a slow turn of the bowl until the consistency thickens. The texture of the chocolate will start to seize and thicken almost instantly.

3. Add the honey, a tablespoon at a time, slowly waltzing the chocolate around the bowl until you get a highly glossy lick of chocolate. The whole process will not take more than a couple of minutes.

4. Chill the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the truffle mixture has returned to a nearly solid form.

5. Prepare a clean surface on which to roll out the truffles and sieve three generous tablespoons cocoa powder onto it.

6. Scrape out a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a marble-sized ball, then roll this through the cocoa powder until fully coated and pop into a bowl or jar.

7. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used up and store the little marbles of wonder in the fridge.

ok well for the first attempt they weren't too bad, OH ate them all lol. I think I made them a little bit too big!

well I am sure I wont mind trying again

I tried making some truffles for my mum yesterday evening because it was her birthday. I think I used too much cream though because the ganache just wouldn't set. Ah well, I'll have to try again! (and just eat the mixture that didn't set enough :hihi:).

you could try saving the ganache mixture by adding more melted chocolate to the slightly warmed (just to melting temperature) ganache mixture as a general rule you want a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to cream, if the recipe has other liquids eg alcohol, melted butter these should be lumped in with the cream side of the ratio.

I know this sounds a bit (actually quite a lot....) simplistic, but the best truffles I ever had were made by a 7 year old...melted mars bars rolled in chocolate powder!!!!!! For us grown ups you could add brandy or whatever spirit floats your boat...