Funny smell outside - is it related to my cold?

I've had a cold all week. It's been a really strange cold, not followed my usual run of symptoms at all. I lost my voice immediately, and even though I've not had runny eyes or nose particularly, I feel as if I have with a sore nose and that horrible gunged up feeling in my head.

The weirdest thing of all though is when I go outside. Fresh air smells chemically somehow. Yesterday I seriously thought something had been spilt nearby and was in the air, but no-one else seems able to smell it. As soon as I shut the door I can't smell it anymore, but it's constantly there when the door is open. It's not just coming and going but a constant dense smell and it's horrid.

Can anyone else smell it, or has anyone else had this as a sympton when they've had cold?

I've heard of it, though never experienced it. It's certainly a possibility.

Catarrh?

Certainly an unpleasant taste, but I wonder if "fresh" air can trip something off?

I finished with my cold early last week, but the follow-up catarrh is really causing unwelcome problems....sore above and below the eyes, and complete loss of appetite....litereally haven't eaten a thing since Thursday teatime.

Edited by RiffRaff

Catarrh?

Certainly an unpleasant taste, but I wonder of "fresh" air can trip something off?

I finished with my cold early last week, but the follow-up catarrh is really causing unwelcome problems....sore above and below the eyes, and complete loss of appetite....litereally haven't eaten a thing since Thursday teatime.

I'm really struggling with eating too. Feel half starved right up to the point where the food is in front of me and then a couple of mouthfuls later I can't eat any more. Lost half a stone in half a week.

Maybe it is the catarrh then that is causing the smell. I'd just have thought it would be all the time rather than just when I am outside.

I'm really struggling with eating too. Feel half starved right up to the point where the food is in front of me and then a couple of mouthfuls later I can't eat any more. Lost half a stone in half a week.

Maybe it is the catarrh then that is causing the smell. I'd just have thought it would be all the time rather than just when I am outside.

Stop showing off Joey!!! :|

Stop showing off Joey!!! :|

Well you can always come and do some sick visiting. Then you might catch it too ;)

I need a peeled grape :)

I'm not getting sick! Would rather be fat!!!

You can peel one yourself!! :D