Sign in to follow this  

Advice please shoes

have bought some nice boat shoes but unfortunately one of them is slightly too small length in length.

Is there a tried and trusted method of stretching them? I'm hoping someone has an old fashion way that works.

have bought some nice boat shoes but unfortunately one of them is slightly too small length in length.

Is there a tried and trusted method of stretching them? I'm hoping someone has an old fashion way that works.

try these hun

Fill a ziploc baggie with water and put it inside the shoes, then place the shoes in the freezer. The water expands as it freezes and gradually stretches your shoes without damaging anything. just make sure the ziploc bag is sealed tightly!

also this might work

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=shoe+strecher&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3397432385&ref=pd_sl_i5i5fqp79_e

if they are leather you can remove the the insoles and use wet newspapaer and keep packing it in and forcing it down, leave well pack for a few days then dry them out and they should be strecthed.

also if they are leather try using margerine to soften the leather with a clean cloth as this loosens the leather.

good luck

I had some shoes that were half a size too small (in length), and bought a pair of wooden stretchers online, the result was amazing! After leaving them for a day they now fit perfectly. I was sceptical at first and did not expect such a difference in length could be achieved!

The stretchers only cost about £10 for the pair, don't be ripped off by shoe shops and some websites selling them for more than that.

Edit: just realised Katy1981 already included a link to amazon with the stretchers - but still, it may help to know someone has used them to great effect!

You could just take them back, and get a pair that fit both feet.

You could just take them back, and get a pair that fit both feet.

That is a good suggestion unless said shoes have been worn:P

With mine, I thought perhaps they just needed 'breaking in' a little bit, and wore them to work , so no taking them back. Often you only realise the discomfort after several wears!

That is a good suggestion unless said shoes have been worn:P

With mine, I thought perhaps they just needed 'breaking in' a little bit, and wore them to work , so no taking them back. Often you only realise the discomfort after several wears!

I have worn shoes for more than 6 weeks then took them back.

It was because they did not last though. Shoes are expected to have a lifespan of at least three months.

I have worn shoes for more than 6 weeks then took them back.

It was because they did not last though. Shoes are expected to have a lifespan of at least three months.

That's right, if the shoes are poor quality you can of course take them back even if worn - a few years ago I took a pair back after 4 months or so as the sole started to come off, and they were not the cheapest shoes, so I got back my money (or a credit note, can't remember).

However if the only thing wrong with the shoes is that they are of an incorrect size and have been worn, then there's little you can do:(