Tory? Labour? Liberal?

Why do voters change their allegiance to political parties?

They either vote Labour or Tory back into Government. It's been the same for the last century.

Voters are so easily mislead and conned into believing the next Government will improve their lives and the economic climate.

Don't they ever learn from the past?

This seesaw governing system that sees either Tory or Labour in power should be ended!!! It's unfair way of governing the country when only a minority of the british public are represented, either those that voted Tory or Labour!

It's about time the political voting system was changed so that no one party as overall control.

So that the majority of the population have their views represented, more political parties should have an equal say in how the country is run.

Instead of one party ruling, we should have a government made up from an equal number of MPs from all the following parties:

Tory, Labour, Liberal, Green, Independents.

If this was the case, I think more people would vote because they would know their party would have an equal voice in how the country was run.

So why don't all you floating voters who keep changing their minds everytime there is an election, stand up and say you've had enough of this unfair voting system that keeps letting Tory or Labour back into power!

Write to your MP and let them know you want see a change in how Government is run!

Because I believe in a fairer Britain for ALL PEOPLE.

Instead of one party ruling, we should have a government made up from an equal number of MPs from all the following parties:

Tory, Labour, Liberal, Green, Independents.

If this was the case, I think more people would vote because they would know their party would have an equal voice in how the country was run.

If the government was going to be made up of an equal number of people from those 5 parties and they would all get an equal say in how the country was run then what would be the point in voting?

What if we didn't elect any green or independent MP's - would that mean we didn't have a government?

I agree with the sentiment, but left to their own devices the British public tend to behave like imbeciles. As long as The Sun is the biggest selling paper in the country and X-Factor the most watched TV show, I'm okay with the educated elite being disproportionately represented politically.

Very open to counter-arguments though - my political ignorance is staggering.

Tory? Labour? Liberal?

Does it really matter - they all p*** in the same pot?

If the government was going to be made up of an equal number of people from those 5 parties and they would all get an equal say in how the country was run then what would be the point in voting?

Hi

As i understand it if L got 30% C 20% LD 15% G20% I 15%

and they want 600 mps

L would get 180 seats C120 LD90 G120 and I 90

I agree with the sentiment, but left to their own devices the British public tend to behave like imbeciles. As long as The Sun is the biggest selling paper in the country and X-Factor the most watched TV show, I'm okay with the educated elite being disproportionately represented politically.

Interesting argument. The dillema of democracy.

There's an awful lot of truth in that, but a decent counter is that if you introduced a more participative democracy, it would attract certain types to participate whilst the 'imbeciles' stayed at home.

A return to Athenian style democracy (with more suffrage tho') would be just the job for sorting out the political morass this country is stuck in.

Hi

As i understand it if L got 30% C 20% LD 15% G20% I 15%

and they want 600 mps

L would get 180 seats C120 LD90 G120 and I 90

Oh right, proportional representation, I guess I was thrown off by the OP asserting twice that in his political system all parties would have equal powers:loopy:.