Would members of the left be the most dangerous, if the BNP's support grew?

The PC Brigade, very much appear to do as they are told, and also largely say what they are told to say. They also become very aggresive/angry if you say something they don't agree with

At this time, saying something that is not PC, can cost you your job, even the MP Ed Balls/Harriet Harman is after teachers who potetially support the BNP.

I personally am very wary about people who do what they are told, and say what they are told, as I feel these are the kinds of people who could commit the worst things, depending on which way the political scene goes.

If the BNP were to increase in power, how would the army of lefty foot soldiers act? would they spaek out, or would they throw their weight behind the BNP and say/AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO (which could be deadly) as their political masters say ?

The PC Brigade, very much appear to do as they are told, and also largely say what they are told to say. They also become very aggresive/angry if you say something they don't agree with

At this time, saying something that is not PC, can cost you your job, even the MP Ed Balls/Harriet Harman is after teachers who potetially support the BNP.

I personally am very wary about people who do what they are told, and say what they are told, as I feel these are the kinds of people who could commit the worst things, depending on which way the political scene goes.

If the BNP were to increase in power, how would the army of lefty foot soldiers act? would they spaek out, or would they throw their weight behind the BNP and say/AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO (which could be deadly) as their political masters say ?

Comparing the PC Brigade with members of the extreme left who might be associated with the kind of direct action you allude to is stretching it a bit dont you think?

I cant really see my well meaning octogenarian next door neighbour donning jack boots and balaclava to commit acts of terrorism.

However, I would agree that members of the extreme left would be just as inclined to resort to violent protest as members of the far right, I cant see any reason why they would 'throw their weight behind the BNP'.

I can't think of any left wing organisation who would support the BNP. It goes against everything they stand for. And what's that got to do with the pc brigade? Being pc doesn't automatically make you left wing.

Being PC, ie being polite and considering the feelings of others is a bad thing apparently. We are a society who have people in it with a wide range of beliefs but any belief which leads to picking out a particular section of the community for blame insult or even threat is a belief that is destructive to that society. As a disabled person I have had to fight long and hard for my rights. In right wing regimes I wouldn't even have the right to life.

You seem 'confused'.

The 'PC Brigade' does not exist. It's just a lazy term, mis used by right wing idiots to attack anything vaguely left wing or liberal. It is meaningless.

And why would anyone who was remotely left wing 'throw their weight' behind the facist and racist BNP? Of course they wouldn't.

Edited by zongamin

Whilst there may well be some idiots out there who say and do whatever they are told on the left, amongst right wingers this seems to be the majority way - The Daily Mail printed it, so it must be true, etc... In the late 30's through to the end of the 2nd World War, England was very much on the left with regards to defending those subject to extreme racial abuse, and the left at that time as a army stamped out the right wingers in Germany and other parts of Europe... Looking back through our countries history, it does seem that when the left stand up, the right topple... Of course it all depends who is pulling the strings - when Churchill wanted England to fight against nazi extremisim, he was a very charismatic man who could influence his people with ease... If the person leading the left was less charismatic than the person leading the right, we might be in trouble!

You do seem confused regarding left wing beliefs and the BNP (right wing/nazi) - Do you seriously think that someone who fought against the nazi's like Churchill would suddenly turn and support the BNP? Of course not! It always makes me laugh when BNP sheep quote Churchill, when in fact the ideology of this group is closer to Hitler's than Churchill's!

Edited by Lady Star

WTH??!!! not another BNP crackpot thread:roll:

even the MP Ed Balls/Harriet Harman is after teachers who potetially support the BNP.

This is something that's intriguing me. They're hounding out any teachers who support the BNP, just in case they try and force their beliefs on the pupils.

Yet there is no evidence so far that a BNP supporting teacher has done this.

Why doesn't this apply to any other party? I remember being directed towards Labour by my Labour supporting teacher when I was at school.

Whilst I am saddened that there is even a need for the BNP in today's society, I'm even more saddened that the other political parties feel them such a threat that they try and force them underground rather than deal with them face-to-face and laugh at their policies and ideas.

This is something that's intriguing me. They're hounding out any teachers who support the BNP, just in case they try and force their beliefs on the pupils.

I don't think that is the concern; it's more that someone who has joined a political party whose root belief is "all non-whites out of the country" cannot be trusted to teach non-white children fairly.

Whether that concern is valid, is another question.

If the BNP's support grew, would RobbyBrown stop trolling?:)

Atleast he ain't boring us with academic triumphs anymore, remember when he kept going on about his 'degree' on various threads a while back?

He never told us what it was in, probably tiddlywinks!:hihi:

The PC Brigade, very much appear to do as they are told, and also largely say what they are told to say.

What an absurd and moronic statement to make.

A none existent group, do what they are told to, by a second unspecified group.

What about the anti war protests? Or the anti capitalist protests? Would you describe the people on these protests as 'PC Brigade'??