''all you can eat'' places in Sheffield?

can anyone please recomend any buffets that you can eat as much as you like for a fixed price for tonight?

i tried that wokmania and have been put off it as the last time we went it all all disgusting food and was cold and just aweful.

tried that one in ponds forge and it was nice but does anyone know of any others in the sheffield area?

indian or chineese and that serve good nice dishes.....

thank you

There is Jumbo, a chinese all you can eat and thats up that little road opposite the crucible/odeon.

hi thanks for that but im not familiar with some places in sheffield as i only moved here last xmas. wheres crucible/odeon and do you have prices?

Lol i've lived here all my life but I am terrible with directions. Its in Town though, only a two minute walk from Ponds Forge.

I think in the evening its about 7 or 8 pounds a head but it may have changed.

Be careful of the 'wastage' charge some restaurants adopt on buffet nights, Zara's in Dronfield being one of them. Leave a dirty plate and you pay £2 for the privilege. In understand it is becoming common practice these days in Sheffield.

i am aware of the wastage charges and isnt my first tie ive been to a all you can eat buffet. just that im new to sheffield and am wonderinf on some new places to eat simelar to these buffet places as wokmania has gone bit manky lately with the cold food and the lumpy curries with no meat and re-heated rices.

thank you though

Lol i've lived here all my life but I am terrible with directions. Its in Town though, only a two minute walk from Ponds Forge.

I think in the evening its about 7 or 8 pounds a head but it may have changed.

hi is it thr big old building opposite the swimming baths? we have eaten there and it was lovely, the service, food and the atmosphere and will prob eat there agian tonight but was just wondering if there were any other places.

thank you

Jumbos is off Arundel Gate (where the buses stop) around the back of the solicitors near GT News!

hi is it thr big old building opposite the swimming baths? we have eaten there and it was lovely, the service, food and the atmosphere and will prob eat there agian tonight but was just wondering if there were any other places.

thank you

No, thats number one buffet, which IMO is probably better than Jumbos when it comes too seating, its less crowded. Jumbos is good too, just gets a bit noisy.

The absolute best place for Chinese all you can eat is the Chinese banquet at Wong Ting in town (turn left just after Woolworths on the Moor, it's upstairs on the right). It's £15 per person, but rather than being like a school cantine with lukewarm food that all tastes the same, it's a proper restaurant with waiter service (they also have an a la carte menu) - it's a great place to go if you're out with a few people. Basically you pay £15 each and you can choose as many starters as you want, then they bring you crispy duck (there's a veggie option for this as well) and then you order all the mains you want. The food is fantastic, the waiters are all very helpful and can recommend which dishes go well together and although it's more expensive than most Chinese buffets, it's well worth it! We went for my birthday recently and it was outstanding, I'm already planning to go again next year.

If you like Thai food, the Baan Thai on the end of London Road/Ecclesall Road (huge ornate building next to the roundabout on the ringroad) does a Sunday buffet which is excellent (I think about £10 each) and the East Ocean cafe (on the same road as Wong Ting) does a Sunday buffet of Chinese, Thai & Japanese food. All of these restaurants are streets ahead of the usual rubbish Chinese buffets like Wokmania and whatever that place by Ponds Forge is called.

The absolute best place for Chinese all you can eat is the Chinese banquet at Wong Ting in town (turn left just after Woolworths on the Moor, it's upstairs on the right). It's £15 per person, but rather than being like a school cantine with lukewarm food that all tastes the same, it's a proper restaurant with waiter service (they also have an a la carte menu) - it's a great place to go if you're out with a few people. Basically you pay £15 each and you can choose as many starters as you want, then they bring you crispy duck (there's a veggie option for this as well) and then you order all the mains you want. The food is fantastic, the waiters are all very helpful and can recommend which dishes go well together and although it's more expensive than most Chinese buffets, it's well worth it! We went for my birthday recently and it was outstanding, I'm already planning to go again next year.

Is Wong Ting buffet all the time? of just some evenings? It sounds very good-bit like one i have been to near mansfield-spring water-fabulous, but a bit far to travel to,was in area at the time.