Scalextric

Guest Pauly

Anybody got one? Anyone had their dad buy them one for their 2nd birthday knowing they're too young to play it so dad can have a good go for a year or two first? Has anyone actually been that very same dad?

I'm 28 now but for the last year or so I've had the overwhelming desire to get myself a really big long track and set it up in the loft to relieve everyday stress. Is it just me or has anyone else got yearning with similar childhood games they had years ago and now miss terribly?

I'll be getting myself one this Christmas by the way. Just try and stop me. :D

Footnote: Does anyone know why it's called Scalextric by the way? Sorry for the mis-spelling on the title. :blush:

I used to have about 3 or 4..

I'm sure my mum and dad still have them in the loft somewhere along with my erm.. :suspect: Trains n' Carriages.. but we are talking 15/16 years ago *cough*

But my mum & dad could not afford one.

Spelling sorted. I bought myself a mini scalextric a few years ago and it's now boxed and in the loft.:sad:

i have one!!! and i still use it ocasioinally, sometimes, nearly!!

Guest Pauly
Originally posted by max

Spelling sorted. I bought myself a mini scalextric a few years ago and it's now boxed and in the loft.:sad:

My ex bought me a mini scalextric last christmas for a laugh. Was cool til the batteries ran out. It was only a cheap joke present really but the thought was nice. :)

Onto the real thing soon though. Got to do it now I'm working full time again. :D

Edit: Cheers for the spelling change Max. :D

I have one up the loft but fond memories stop me getting it down. I'm sure it'll be a huge anti-climac if i do; things are never the same once you've grow up.

Chris.

Guest Pauly

Tell ya what Chris. When I get mine and have it all set up you can pop over and we'll have a good old race. :D We'll see if it's as fun as we remember.

Guest Pauly

Boys will be boys. :blush:

My best memories of Scalextric was when i rearranged the track so it went under my bed - so much it was beyond belief. :D

Chris.

Guest Pauly

Yep, any kind of tunnel was always 'extra' fun. :D Especially if the cars had lights. :clap: