Morrisons Upper Car Park Hillsborough

Earlier on today i walked across the upper car park at Morrisons and it was lethal with everyone slipping and sliding all over the place

Why on earth have they not put grit or salt down ?

While i'm on the subject of Morrisons what's happened to trimming up the outside by the escalator ? There is nothing there at all

Guess cutting costs is far more important than someone breaking bones eh

Isn't that car park a public car park? Could be wrong but I don't think it's Morrisons' responsibility.

What are they supposed to do? There was a sign outside by the entrance saying 'Be careful now, it's a bit slippy' or similar wording (just in case you hadn't realised the weather was icy). I'd say that was fair enough.

Morrisons exist solely to make a profit for their shareholders. They are not providing a public service. That's capitalism, suckers! Get used to it.

I'm saying someone could have broken something with the state of the car park

If this is privately owned then why are there Morrisons trolley bays ?

I didn't see any sign whilst approaching from the Poundland side of car park

Just act like an adult! It’s freezing so just take it that it could be slippy out there!

I'am an adult and certainly act like one unlike some people on here

All i'm doing is stating a fact, wish i hadn't bothered now

Can't believe how rude some of the reply's are to my post are on here

Thought this was a site for adults ???

Isn't that car park a public car park? Could be wrong but I don't think it's Morrisons' responsibility.

It’s owned by the council, that’s why there are no restrictions on parking

so. what your saying is.

it was a bit slippy.

as an adult you took care and didnt fall and hurt yourself.

and you didnt see anyone else do so either

bit of a non story really wasnt it

Quick! Tell the Star!

no.

what your discovering is that when someone makes a post on here (that someone at the moment being you)

mostly what they want is for everyone else to agree with them.

as most of us are not agreeing with you, you perceive rudeness

I tend to disagree tbh.

What the user posted was a perfectly - imo - reasonable query:

Earlier on today i walked across the upper car park at Morrisons and it was lethal with everyone slipping and sliding all over the place. Why on earth have they not put grit or salt down ?

As I was on Ecclesall Road the other day, I could apply the same query to the pavements there. The pavements were covered in ice, and it was pretty dangerous imo. It made me wonder why no-one had gritted the pavements on a busy shopping area?

Given that Ecclesall Road IS a busy shopping area, it seems odd to me that no-one had bothered to make it safe/easy for people to move up and down it to do the shopping that pays the incomes of the shops on there.

By 'no-one' I mean either the shops, the council or some third group.

I sometimes wonder what is the situation if you clear the footpath, and put down grit/salt, to make it safe but then someone falls.

Are you then liable for your clearing of the footpath and not leaving it safe enough or should you have left the path alone and then it is up to people to take care for themselves?

I sometimes wonder what is the situation if you clear the footpath, and put down grit/salt, to make it safe but then someone falls.

Are you then liable for your clearing of the footpath and not leaving it safe enough or should you have left the path alone and then it is up to people to take care for themselves?

No, you are categorically not liable and it is the myth that you are that stops people from doing the decent thing and clearing their own patch.

Shopowners in particular should do so because they stand to benefit from clear paths, having said that - in relation to OP - that car park I believe is managed by the Barracks estate management (whoever that may be) and not Morrisons. I agree though, they probably should have taken measures.