Takeaways, having to spend over a certain amount, to get it delivered!

For example, 10 pounds. And still a delivery charge. What if you live on your own?

For example, 10 pounds. And still a delivery charge. What if you live on your own?

Go and fetch it.

There is no such thing as free delivery for anything. Ready Meals for one, is another option.

I mean, you have to spend over a certain amount, and there's STILL a delivery charge. It's not really 'we deliver to door' if you have to go and fetch it, is it?

Eh? I dont know what you mean.

Are you talking about having to spend a minimum spend to get delivery for nothing or are you talking about having a minimum spend to order plus an EXTRA charge??

If its the former then the answer is obvious. Delivery drivers costs money. Fuel and vehicles costs money. "Take away" gives a clue to what they offer. You take it away from them as oppose to eating in.

If you want it delivered to your door and are not spending enough to get it for nothing, its your choice to pay the extra charge or not.

They are not going to want their drivers tied up delivering a single burger or one pizza without getting something back in return. Even more so when there are other orders stacking up with multiple items.

I mean, you have to spend over a certain amount, and there's STILL a delivery charge. It's not really 'we deliver to door' if you have to go and fetch it, is it?

Any business operating a food type delivery service, will have to have a minimum order, just to cover costs, even if they charge for delivery.

Eh? I dont know what you mean.

Are you talking about having to spend a minimum spend to get delivery for nothing or are you talking about having a minimum spend to order plus an EXTRA charge??

If its the former then the answer is obvious. Delivery drivers costs money. Fuel and vehicles costs money. "Take away" gives a clue to what they offer. You take it away from them as oppose to eating in.

If you want it delivered to your door and are not spending enough to get it for nothing, its your choice to pay the extra charge or not.

They are not going to want their drivers tied up delivering a single burger or one pizza without getting something back in return. Even more so when there are other orders stacking up with multiple items.

It's the latter. Minimum spend AND a delivery charge.

Sounds fair to me. Otherwise other diners are effectivly subsidising your tea. It's a bit of a sod for the single person (as I am) but I get the reason why.

It's hardly Michelin star quality food, it's not like there will be ten other places round the corner serving the same stuff.

Everything has a cost, nothing is free!

Go elsewhere.

There are plenty of places that do free delivery if you spend over £5 or £10.

Go elsewhere.

There are plenty of places that do free delivery if you spend over £5 or £10.

Pizza delivery is free over here, but they are so overpriced for what they are and the competition is very fierce. At one time there used to be a gimmick whereby if you didn't receive your pizza within a half hour it was free. However, I don't think that is done anymore. too many variables involved. Other than that it is the same , if you want free delivery you have to spend a certain amount. However a lot of food places now have a wide variety of different types of food, so single people could order 2 or3 days dinners all at once, if they cannot or don't like to go out. They would then get free delivery, assuming they have a microwave, of course.

Edited by Ontarian1981