Islamist plot to kill the PM in a Downing Street raid

It isn't a surprise to hear this but it's good to hear that most would-be terrorists are more inept, more often, than MI5 who sadly screwed up their intelligence on the Manchester bomber.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/05/mi5-foils-islamist-terror-plot-kill-prime-minister/

The security services have foiled an alleged plot to assassinate the Prime Minister in Downing Street, it has emerged.

An Islamic extremist planned to use an improvised explosive device to blow up the gates of Downing Street before entering No 10 and making an attempt on Theresa May’s life.

Two men have been charged with terror offences and are due to appear in Westminster magistrates’ court.

Details of the alleged terror plot were set out to Cabinet members on Tuesday during a briefing by Andrew Parker, the head of MI5. Mr Parker revealed that British intelligence had foiled nine terror plots in the past 12 months.

It is good they are working harder to foil most plots although the number ten could have been possibly beneficial.

Would it be better to keep quit? I assume these terror characters see it as an invitation and a competition to work harder at it when told their plots are foiled.

Keeping calm and more silent in the media at least could prevent some weirdo extremist to be invited to do worst of the worst to prove his egoistic point. Putting these matters openly publicly as if you won a footbalmatch is inviting and provoking unnecessary reactions we don't want.

Would it be better to keep quit? I assume these terror characters see it as an invitation and a competition to work harder at it when told their plots are foiled.

i agree actually

Blanket news coverage is inevitable. In an age when information moves fast, free, and without MSM involvement the traditional media outlets will cover things as they do because they can't offer a worse service than Twitter. So instead of being first, they provide reporting depth.

As for terrorists, I'm not convinced that they need the BBC and ITN for inspiration. Most of them have holy books and preachers for that.

Years ago you could wander up Downing Street into St James's Park (and I did) with little more visible security than the PC on the door. Since the IRA attack in the early 90's the security has become stronger and stronger and nobody but the most inept Islamist would think that they could simply blow up the gates and enter Number 10.

Thank goodness for useless terrorists.

We don't want to go back to IRA or something like it. More attention you give it and egoistic your claim you foiled them is like blowing a balloon to a tension it explodes.

Don't add to the tension by turning it in a game, keep quit. It may not be the solution but will keep things a lot more relaxed than teasing the other party.

Glad it's been foiled, but from what I hear it had very little chance of success - blowing the security gates of Downing Street open with a bomb, then stabbing the PM to death...they'd be shot before getting through the front door.

The daft sods obviously didn't spot all the vultures perched on the chimney pots on Downing Street waiting for her inevitable suicide.

Edited by Mister Gee

The terrorists are claiming they were working for a shadowy group who they only knew by their codenames - Shagger, Two Brains, The Quiet Man, Vulcan and Smoggy.

The terrorists are claiming they were working for a shadowy group who they only knew by their codenames - Shagger, Two Brains, The Quiet Man, Vulcan and Smoggy.

Why does the film " Four Lions " spring to mind when i read that ? :hihi::hihi:

Why does the film " Four Lions " spring to mind when i read that ? :hihi::hihi:

Strangely enough it did when I read it as well, although for possibly different reasons - I've realised who the 'codenames' refer to.

Funny how they release this success just after they get grief for failing to foil Manchester. Are they banking a few joke successes for after thngs go wrong? This doesn't sound like it was ever a serious threat, more like some drunk people in the pub who are sick of May and her annoying face having a bit of a joke! Be careful what your say on line, you might send up as the next mi5 win!!

Funny how a plot to kill the elite can be foiled yet the plebs are left to be slaughtered.