Are SCC/Amey out of control?

Perhaps the question should be asked ' Have Amey ever been under control? '. They certainly appear to be IN control! I, for one, would love a read of that contract!

I want to know what could possibly be so commercially sensitive in a 25 year contract that they can't release it for scrutiny.

I think we know why they don't want to release it.

Guest makapaka

Hasn't the security been put on as the protestors are ignoring the high court ruling?

Perhaps the question should be asked ' Have Amey ever been under control? '. They certainly appear to be IN control! I, for one, would love a read of that contract!
Try requesting for it under the "Freedom of Information" act. You will not be able to get the full contract because it will contain commercially sensitive information, but the Council should provide some of the information that is in the contract.

Hasn't the security been put on as the protestors are ignoring the high court ruling?

I don't think so by the sounds of that report. It seems that they ARE abiding by the court ruling, but this thuggish activity is occurring in non-restricted places.

The whole debacle HAS to stop really. It's making Sheffield a national disgrace.

We need to remember this at election time. Vote the Thatcherites out.

We need to remember this at election time. Vote the Thatcherites out.

So that will be the Thatcherite council will it? Who happen to be....Labour?

Who are these Thatcherites you are referring to?!

I don't think so by the sounds of that report. It seems that they ARE abiding by the court ruling, but this thuggish activity is occurring in non-restricted places.

The whole debacle HAS to stop really. It's making Sheffield a national disgrace.

Having seen the recent video clip where the security have been criticised as being 'heavy handed' with a protester, it did appear to me that said protester was shown climbing over a metal security barrier fence and then tripping over branches on the floor which maybe the security barrier fence was in place to protect the protester from.

Far from abiding by the court ruling it would seem that at least one protester is not abiding by the court ruling within a restricted area.

Having seen the recent video clip where the security have been criticised as being 'heavy handed' with a protester, it did appear to me that said protester was shown climbing over a metal security barrier fence and then tripping over branches on the floor which maybe the security barrier fence was in place to protect the protester from.

Far from abiding by the court ruling it would seem that at least one protester is not abiding by the court ruling within a restricted area.

I wasn't entirely convinced by that video either- but then there are others I've seen (such as todays, which features a man getting barricaded into his own home by Amey!) which do confirm my opinion that Amey are a bunch of thugs.

Politicians today, especially Labour, have mostly never worked outside politics. They have come through through university and the student union. They have no experience in the business world which is why real and experienced business people and wide boys run rings around them and tie them in knots, such as holding them to ludicrous 25 year contacts. Politicians both local and national are totally out of their depth.

theres I rule for SCC AND AMEY and one rule for the rest of us ,pity its never in the publics interest in my opinion.