A harsh winter, where can we get survival tips?

They say in the papers there is some harsh weather coming this weekend with extreme freezing temperatures, harsh frosts and in January the possibility of a killer freeze.

But nowhere do we get any information on how to survive the up and coming extreme conditions.

Maybe sheffield forum could provide this service with forumers giving survival tips to everyone.

We have started to stockpile tins of beans, corned beef and this evening we will be stockpiling on bread, filling the freezer up.

I don't understand how those in power leave their citizens to perish, surely we should be getting advice?

it was in the papers on the news last night

put bras on yer cows udders and have sex while wearing socks...hope this helps

you'll feel less nervous if you stop reading the daily express.

They say in the papers there is some harsh weather coming this weekend with extreme freezing temperatures, harsh frosts and in January the possibility of a killer freeze.

But nowhere do we get any information on how to survive the up and coming extreme conditions.

Maybe sheffield forum could provide this service with forumers giving survival tips to everyone.

We have started to stockpile tins of beans, corned beef and this evening we will be stockpiling on bread, filling the freezer up.

I don't understand how those in power leave their citizens to perish, surely we should be getting advice?

Here you go...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1529166

Don't bother with the freezer, keep everything outside as the big killer freeze will keep it cold. Spend the money saved on freezer running costs on a holiday to the Caribbean.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but has the OP heard of that little thing called common sense?

I remember MUCH harsher winters than this, and I'm still here 62 years later, and still in one piece. It appears to me that many (but by no means all), have lost the ability to think for themselves, and expect someone else to tell them everything - no doubt so they can 'blame' them and claim compensation.:loopy:

I'll probably get shot down for this, but has the OP heard of that little thing called common sense?

I remember MUCH harsher winters than this, and I'm still here 62 years later, and still in one piece. It appears to me that many (but by no means all), have lost the ability to think for themselves, and expect someone else to tell them everything - no doubt so they can 'blame' them and claim compensation.:loopy:

we havent had a harsh winter YET, so we dont know how harsh it may get? :suspect:

The government wants us all to die!

Oh ek!.....

Sorry, mel - I probably phrased that badly.:blush:

What I probably should have said is that in the past, we have had really harsh winters and survived - without a lot of the improvements that have come about even in my short life.

As an aside, I notice you haven't responded to my reference to 'common sense'.

Sorry, mel - I probably phrased that badly.:blush:

What I probably should have said is that in the past, we have had really harsh winters and survived - without a lot of the improvements that have come about even in my short life.

As an aside, I notice you haven't responded to my reference to 'common sense'.

ah we know rogets doesnt have any of that