Where can I find out if something is public or private land in sheff?

As above. Title ran out of letters and should finish with 'Sheffield'.

Thanks

There's the land registry?

Agree with posts above BUT do make sure the Web address is the .government one with .gov in the address.I found it to be several times more expensive if you click on one of the others.

Agree with posts above BUT do make sure the Web address is the .government one with .gov in the address.I found it to be several times more expensive if you click on one of the others.

Good advice. Most queries with the land registry cost £3.

---------- Post added 15-11-2017 at 18:36 ----------

Another tip.

If you find what you are looking for on the land registry site make sure that you either save it to disc or take a screenshot otherwise it will disappear and you'll have to pay again if you need a record.

Yes. The real website is https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/?_ga=2.20398136.1862115733.1510854334-1262504091.1510739824

NB: not all land is registered as yet.

(But what do you mean by 'private' or 'public'?)

If you call the council I think they still have a small team with access to GIS maps that indicate if land is public or private, streets ahead also have access to this information.