Wilder on RS last night

The most interesting bit was when he was pressed on his future,and reading between the lines,he wants the board to match his ambition season on season,so I think he would be happy to attempt to take us to the PL,as long as he was given a fair crack of the whip with resources,failing that backing I think he would consider other options in the mid term future.

Edited by chalga

The most interesting bit was when he was pressed on his future,and reading between the lines,he wants the board to match his ambition season on season,so I think he would be happy to attempt to take us to the PL,as long as he was given a fair crack of the whip with resources,failing that backing I think he would consider other options in the mid term future.

Taxi for Wilder then :hihi:

Not wanting to put down uniteds achievements this season, they’ve exceeded expectations in a big way but it’s all down to one factor and that’s Mr Wilder who’s possibly the best English manager currently in active work, the clamour for his services from other clubs will only get stronger and international recognition may not be out of his grasp as things stand. I don’t really see that another man could get the same out of the group of players united have as they are playing well above their collective skill level.

Not wanting to put down uniteds achievements this season, they’ve exceeded expectations in a big way but it’s all down to one factor and that’s Mr Wilder who’s possibly the best English manager currently in active work, the clamour for his services from other clubs will only get stronger and international recognition may not be out of his grasp as things stand. I don’t really see that another man could get the same out of the group of players united have as they are playing well above their collective skill level.

I don't post often these days but your quote above is utter nonsense and it proves what everyone else knows on here - you are an absolute joke. Their collective skill levels have placed them in second place.

Tell you what - why not join the Predictions next season ? It's primarily there for a bit of fun and the enjoyment of everyone but at the end of the day, it also demonstrates your knowledge (or lack of) the game. It's also called 'putting your money where your mouth is'. Are you brave enough? Bet you aren't.....

I don't post often these days but your quote above is utter nonsense and it proves what everyone else knows on here - you are an absolute joke. Their collective skill levels have placed them in second place.

Tell you what - why not join the Predictions next season ? It's primarily there for a bit of fun and the enjoyment of everyone but at the end of the day, it also demonstrates your knowledge (or lack of) the game. It's also called 'putting your money where your mouth is'. Are you brave enough? Bet you aren't.....

I'd say more that Wilders influence has put them in second place and they are playing above their level, only Wilder leaving would prove this right or wrong.

If I could predict scores to any degree of accuracy I'd be a millionaire, it doesn't prove whether I know anything about the game or not.

I'd say more that Wilders influence has put them in second place and they are playing above their level, only Wilder leaving would prove this right or wrong.

If I could predict scores to any degree of accuracy I'd be a millionaire, it doesn't prove whether I know anything about the game or not.

Not up for the challenge, then. Thought not.

Mouth, mouth, mouth.......

What is it they say about empty vessels????

Thanks, but it comes across as a lightly disguised dig. If you had said he had brought out the players latent talents and skills it would have been better received.

Not up for the challenge, then. Thought not.

Mouth, mouth, mouth.......

What is it they say about empty vessels????

Like I said above, correctly or incorrectly predicting scorelines is no measure of football knowledge, pointless.

As with all sports. The manager can only influence so much and it is the players who go out on the pitch and do the business. A player can under-perform at any sport however it isn't possible to over perform, only to play to your actual full potential.

Good players will meet their full potential when under good leadership.

As with all sports. The manager can only influence so much and it is the players who go out on the pitch and do the business. A player can under-perform at any sport however it isn't possible to over perform, only to play to your actual full potential.

Good players will meet their full potential when under good leadership.

Certain managers Wilder included can also get a bunch of players playing as a team, another manager may not have the same effect with the same players.

My original point still stands.

Certain managers Wilder included can also get a bunch of players playing as a team, another manager may not have the same effect with the same players.

My original point still stands.

But your initial post has little validity. You state that a manager has got a bunch of players playing as a team? This means that they are playing to their full potential does it not? It is impossible for anyone to perform above their own capabilities. This being the same in any sport.

My opinions are partial and I hold allegiances with neither party, however feel the need to point out your inaccuracies.

Edited by sheffstats

Like I said above, correctly or incorrectly predicting scorelines is no measure of football knowledge, pointless.

I'm top of our fantasy league by nearly 100 points I know more than both of ya so ner ner :hihi: