International break.. is it good or bad?

For your team?

I think for the Blades, it is good. It helps get some of our players back to fitness, which in turn allows players like Evans to have the operation he needs.

For the Owls, I'd say they would be chomping at the bit after a good performance against Leeds, where they have had 6 again.

Either way, it is going to be a boring weekend watching half hearted performances.

If multi millionaires need a weekend off to labour against a bunch of part timers theres summat wrong.

It's bad.

It's even worse if our players are put at risk playing for their country.

The players for selection should be either made available for individual games, endorsed by the club, or shown 'not available' by the club.

That way, 'proper football' goes on, and International football showcases the best of the rest, giving experience and game time for clubs' fringe players.

Definitely bad. It never used to happen, and we (England) have not improved since it was introduced.

If we were to lose Bannan and Fletcher, I'd be 'not best pleased' to put it mildly.

It's bad.

It's even worse if our players are put at risk playing for their country.

The players for selection should be either made available for individual games, endorsed by the club, or shown 'not available' by the club.

That way, 'proper football' goes on, and International football showcases the best of the rest, giving experience and game time for clubs' fringe players.

Definitely bad. It never used to happen, and we (England) have not improved since it was introduced.

If we were to lose Bannan and Fletcher, I'd be 'not best pleased' to put it mildly.

I'd say England have got markedly worse, total waste of time.

This is the problem when you buy the better players.

No doubt both will play prominent roles in their games too.

Same with Brooks for us, I would love him to have a couple of fantastic games for his country, but purely selfish reasons I'd prefer him not to play much, if at all.

As every aspect of the English game now has to bow at the feet of the great god the Premier League, internationals and cup games have become an unwanted distraction and been ruined.

I normally hate the international break but our young uns at Wembley tonight so I'll go with it just this once

Bad for me. I don,t have a problem losing a player to there country, they have earned it, but why call of the games. How are we supposed to bring players through when an opening for him to play in the team doesn,t exist because the match is called off due to teams being understrength due to players on international duty. Is that not the point of having large squads ( reserves as they were known). The Manchester teams, Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpools of this world could still put out competitive teams but there is that much money at stake they don,t want to risk not playing there so called first eleven, and we as loyal supporters have to cough up to see three games in a week because of it. The point about giving players a break, i,ve never heard such crap. When they have worked seven twelves and a weekend off one in four then they need a rest. Rant over.

Bad for me. I don,t have a problem losing a player to there country, they have earned it, but why call of the games. How are we supposed to bring players through when an opening for him to play in the team doesn,t exist because the match is called off due to teams being understrength due to players on international duty. Is that not the point of having large squads ( reserves as they were known). The Manchester teams, Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpools of this world could still put out competitive teams but there is that much money at stake they don,t want to risk not playing there so called first eleven, and we as loyal supporters have to cough up to see three games in a week because of it. The point about giving players a break, i,ve never heard such crap. When they have worked seven twelves and a weekend off one in four then they need a rest. Rant over.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:wouldn't mind if a break was earned but our footy players are treat like kids,did you see Pogba resting his leg playing basketball.

it does my head in everything stops for a crap match, and just as we win we stop :(

For your team?

I think for the Blades, it is good. It helps get some of our players back to fitness, which in turn allows players like Evans to have the operation he needs.

For the Owls, I'd say they would be chomping at the bit after a good performance against Leeds, where they have had 6 again.

Either way, it is going to be a boring weekend watching half hearted performances.

Totally agree on both fronts but I”d love to see young Brooksie put in a good performance at international level....if he’s selected.

In the Blades situation it’s a good thing. Given Billy another week or so to get back to full fitness and the rest of the lads to shake off any niggles they may have. As for the actual England team, I struggle to watch them, they bore me to death and usually end up turning it off at half time.