Sign in to follow this  

Tasty Ales??

Guest Guest

hiya,

where are the best pubs in sheffield to go for the tasty ales??

something nice and golden please - no jokes thanks!!

Guest Guest

The Devonshire Cat, in the Devonshire Quarter, near Unite student accomodation. This place sells literally hundreds of different types of beer, name a country or fruit it is from and they probably have it!

Great for a tasting session!

Sheaf View in Heeley. Loads of cheap, well kept tasty ales. Guests galore, but i stick with the local stuff from Abbeydale brewery. no juke box, no bandits, no darts or pool. just cheap tasty ales.

see you there!

We've Been Going In The Graduate On Surrey Street On Saturday Nights.For A Big Pub,I't's Suprising Empty,But They Have A Few Abbeydale Ales On.Moonshine's A Nice Pale Ale,But Black Mass & Brimstone Are Two Brews That'll Give Ya Something To Think About In The Morning.

Castle Eden's A Good Pint.Never Seem To See It That Often Though These Days.They Used To Have It In My Local (The Freedom On South Road,Hi Al & Mary),These Days We Have To Make Do With Moonshine.

Why, CAMRA Yorkshire Pub of the year Kelham Island Tavern of course! If you like golden ales you should be OK with the popular Brewers Gold in there amongst the many guests.

And when you're done in there, nearby are the Fat Cat, Riverside, Cask and Cutler and Gardeners Rest all serving an excellent selection :thumbsup:

We Went In The Cask & Cutler Once.Didn't Like The Attitude Of The Barman Who Served Us.Big Fella He Was,Had A Towel Over His Shoulder.Got All Snotty When My Mate Innocently Ask For A JD & Coke For His Wife.

Never Been Back Since.It's About Time They Got A New Sign Though,It Looks A Right Mess.

Freebird, I'm Really Intrigued By Your Typing Style ...How Did You Evolve It?

It Looks Vaguely Medieval ... And It's Really Difficult To Do As Well ...

Just posted to endorse the recommendations of Dev Cat and especially the Sheaf View ...

Originally posted by Meaks

Why, CAMRA Yorkshire Pub of the year Kelham Island Tavern of course! If you like golden ales you should be OK with the popular Brewers Gold in there amongst the many guests.

And when you're done in there, nearby are the Fat Cat, Riverside, Cask and Cutler and Gardeners Rest all serving an excellent selection :thumbsup:

KIT is OK if you like a head on your beer that disappears after a couple of sups.

Like a lot of beer exhibition pubs it's easy to get a pint that's been stood in the pipes for an hour or so.

IMHO more of a beer anoraks pub than a beer drinkers pub.

And the Cask and Cutler is one of the loppiest boozers I've seen in ages.

Rubydazzler-My "Style" Evolves From The Way I Write.

With Some People When They Write On Paper You Can't See Where A Word Ends And Another One Starts.It's Just A Continuation From That.I Like To Think That What I Have To Say Shouldn't Be Confused By Bad Writing.But Thanks For Noticing Anyway-Besides It Wasn't ALL Bad In Medieval Times.

Wells' Banana Bread Beer & McEwan's Champion Ale Are Also A Nice Little Tipple.The Banana Bread Beer You Can Get In Morrisons.Try One (If You Like Bananas)

the grapes usualy has a few guest ales ... its got absolution and moonshine (from sheffields own abbeydale brewery,champion lads!)

tasty stuff,but the Dev cat is a must for ale fans

the dev cat has a great slelection of beers but they don't look after their pumps so can taste a bit nasty.

Best pints I've found are at the Kelham Island Tavern, the Fat Cat, the New Barrack Tavern and the gardeners rest. They're not just old mans pubs either, there the favourite pubs for my crowd and we're only 25ish, they just have great beer and friendly environments

I'm Not Too Keen On The Devonshire Cat.It May Have Good Beers,But By The Time You Get Served-You Need One!

For Such A Big Pub,The Bar Size Is Miniscule,So It Takes Ages To Get Served When They're Busy.It Really Could Do With A Re-Design.

The Red Lion-Just Off Arundel Gate Is A Nice Pub.It Doesn't Tend To Attract Many Idiots On A Staturday Night And Strangely There's Quite A Lot Of Older People Go In There.I Didn't Think Old People Went Into Town On A Saturday Night 'Till I Went In There.