Understanding the universe.

Will mankind ever fathom the mysteries of the universe or is it beyond our comprehension? We are only microorganisms in essence.

I don't know, but it's very interesting nevertheless, whether we manage to understand it in the end or not.

Will mankind ever fathom the mysteries of the universe or is it beyond our comprehension? We are only microorganisms in essence.

what do you mean by understand?

we already know how a lot of it seems to work and things like the lhc at cern while help us understand more unless does something which collapses the universe to a point singularity in which case it wont matter.

I can highly recommend

Bill Bryson - A Short History Of Nearly Everting

It's fantastic, I downloaded the audio book onto my phone and listen to it whilst treadmilling. I'm so impressed I bought the actual book off amazon used.....H/B 50p - I kid you not!!

A fascinating book. Infact I'm going to listen to it again later on the treadmill!!

what do you mean by understand?

we already know how a lot of it seems to work and things like the lhc at cern while help us understand more unless does something which collapses the universe to a point singularity in which case it wont matter.

We only have an understanding of the observable universe. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

We only have an understanding of the observable universe. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

I'll correct it for you.

We only have a limited understanding of the observable universe.

I'll correct it for you.

We only have a limited understanding of the observable universe.

That's more accurate.

God made it. Whats to understand?

Or was God created by the figment of space that we imagine?

Or was God created by the figment of space that we imagine?

That's heavy man.

Nobody can answer "yes" for definite and you'd have to be quite ignorant and/or arrogant to say "no".

The answer seems to be, quite obviously, "maybe".

---------- Post added 12-03-2016 at 20:26 ----------

Are you joking?

Nobody can answer "yes" for definite and you'd have to be quite ignorant and/or arrogant to say "no".

The answer seems to be, quite obviously, "maybe".[color="Silver"

Considering our relatively insignificant role in the grand scheme of things, perhaps "maybe" sounds a tad arrogant?