Old fire extinguisher - where to dispose?

I have 2 old fire extinguishers that were left in the garage when we moved in years ago, need to get rid of them. Any idea's folks?

Ski Village?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Not entirely sure, but I believe the Fire Service will take them of your hands as well.

I have 2 old fire extinguishers that were left in the garage when we moved in years ago, need to get rid of them. Any idea's folks?

If it's just water, bung 'em in the wheelie bin. Cover them with grass clippings or something smelly just in case. :thumbsup:

If it's just water, bung 'em in the wheelie bin. Cover them with grass clippings or something smelly just in case. :thumbsup:

Beat me to it. bottom of the wheelie is the best place for them. I do the same with old car batteries and chopped up tyres. The bin police never dig down to look in the bottom.

At very least call around to your local fire station and ask - they could be presurised and create a risk of injury to some unsuspecting bin man or waste operative if you hide them in your wheeliebin.

keep the fire extinguishers in the garage.

You never know when you'll need to roll one into a gang of armed baddies, then shoot at it until it explodes and sends the baddies crashing through an upper floor window.

I think Bruce Willis did this once.

At very least call around to your local fire station and ask - they could be presurised and create a risk of injury to some unsuspecting bin man or waste operative if you hide them in your wheeliebin.

Well said! how would they feel if they caused an incident and someone got killed?

Well said! how would they feel if they caused an incident and someone got killed?

Stretching my mind to the very furthest limits of it's imaginings, I fail to see in any way, shape or form, how a metal container (like a large can of baked beans, if you will?), drained of the water, and disposed of in a wheelie bin, can be in any way be considered deadly.

The closest I can come, is that someone (with considerable talent) manages to melt it down and re-cast it as a gun of some description, be it semi-automatic, automatic, or rifle. :P

Anything that can't go in the blue bin goes in the black bin as far as I'm concerned. Lightbulbs, batteries, an old microwave, that's what bins are for!