Who will be next to strike?

Isn't it strange that the unions only call strikes over pay. Bus drivers never strike to protest about service cuts or fare increases, nurses will strike over wage cuts but they won't strike to protest about superbugs in hospitals or waiting lists. It is always for selfish reasons. The unions and the left wing say that Thatcher & the Tories created a greedy, selfish society but I think it is the unions who are greedy.

The Rm strike vote doesn't really have much to do with pay - it's in there yes, but it's very low down a long list.

I don't care about a pay rise this year and neither do any other posties I work with, there are far more important things to sort out.

The Rm strike vote doesn't really have much to do with pay - it's in there yes, but it's very low down a long list.

I don't care about a pay rise this year and neither do any other posties I work with, there are far more important things to sort out.

The post worker's strike was discussed here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=516898

You will be pleased to see the consensus was support for you. :thumbsup:

Isn't it strange that the unions only call strikes over pay. Bus drivers never strike to protest about service cuts or fare increases, nurses will strike over wage cuts but they won't strike to protest about superbugs in hospitals or waiting lists. It is always for selfish reasons. The unions and the left wing say that Thatcher & the Tories created a greedy, selfish society but I think it is the unions who are greedy.

When you've got use to living on a certain level of income then someone asks you to take a big pay cut when inflation is going skyhigh. I think everyone looks at their own personal situation and standard of living over the greater good.