Donations for the homeless

Having seen the sad states of people living on the streets. It’s heartbreaking

Many have thin coated dogs and both of them freezing I was wondering where I could take any donations of warm clothes, shoes, coats or blankets.

We have some excess dog coats and thought they would help too

Any pointers where I could take things?

I heard on Look North where they were going to let vets go round town checking the dogs for free of the beggars sitting there. This has worried me for some time so was glad to hear this. Yesterday this beggar had two dogs laying on a very thin blanket.

I have heard the project regarding the vets and helping homeless, but thought that was a project only working in London- it would be fabulous if it was happening up around here too.

Dogs Trust do support a wonderful project helping the homeless and their dogs - called HOPE project. Sheffield is included because they know of the problems around our area. (great we are supported but sad that its so bad here it needs it).

https://www.moretodogstrust.org.uk/hope-project/hope-project

If anyone knows anyone that needs dog coats - please pm me where we could take them to and I will gladly take in something that will fit.

I would also be able to find blankets and duvet's if people need them, but also wanted to be able to help the people out in this horrendous weather too if its needed.

I have heard the project regarding the vets and helping homeless, but thought that was a project only working in London- it would be fabulous if it was happening up around here too.

Dogs Trust do support a wonderful project helping the homeless and their dogs - called HOPE project. Sheffield is included because they know of the problems around our area. (great we are supported but sad that its so bad here it needs it).

https://www.moretodogstrust.org.uk/hope-project/hope-project

If anyone knows anyone that needs dog coats - please pm me where we could take them to and I will gladly take in something that will fit.

I would also be able to find blankets and duvet's if people need them, but also wanted to be able to help the people out in this horrendous weather too if its needed.

I would love to see coats on the beggars dogs in Sheffield. They must be very cold this weather.

There are a group of volunteers that run a soup kitchen every Wednesday (8pm) behind the old Primark just off of Angel Street. Their Facebook page is Sheffield Soup Kitchen. I'm sure they'd be welcome of the clothes donations for both humans and poochies :)

Having seen the sad states of people living on the streets. It’s heartbreaking

Many have thin coated dogs and both of them freezing I was wondering where I could take any donations of warm clothes, shoes, coats or blankets.

We have some excess dog coats and thought they would help too

Any pointers where I could take things?

This is the official site for all the homeless and outreach services in Sheffield who are all working together and who know who is homeless etc

http://www.helpushelp.uk/

For this sort of thing the people you really need to speak to are the lovely folk at Framework who talk to and support the rough sleepers around the city on a daily basis. The Homeless Christmas Shoebox Appeal send boxes to the dogs who are living with rough sleepers through them.

This Star article has the phone number and name of one of the managers in it- I'm sure that he could pass you on to the right person.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/new-telephone-hotline-empowers-public-to-help-sheffield-rough-sleepers-1-8580345