Reply To Topic

05-11-2010, 23:46   #41
Northrend
Account Closed

Total Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOmpa View Post
Its because norks thinks its acceptable to start a thread slagging people off
Hang on That's NOT fair!. She has a valid point and to hell with anyone who wants to argue with me.

Have you ever been homeless? Did they call you a tramp? I suspect the answer to the first question is NO. Well let me tell you something "mister" IF someone had called me a tramp in the year I was on the street (after I was evicted due to someone elses misdoing) then I would have been dam right offended.

Homeless people are not tramps! I know 2 in Sheffield who long for a roof over their heads and a job and a chance at life. Tramps CHOOSE to live on the street and homeless people do not.

So please do not tar everyone with the same brush. And while you are at it RESPECT other's opinions JUST like we respect YOURS!
05-11-2010, 23:48   #42
Jason Bourne

Total Posts: 7,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup1234
PC daftness

<snip>

try remembering that lot jeez life used to be so much easier before the nutty pc mob got in
Thanks fedup, this stuff is gold!!!

I'm an Aesthetically challenged, melanin-impoverished, caucasian culturally-disadvantaged, sexually focused chronologically gifted individual

x
_______
You're U.S. Government property. You're a malfunctioning $30 million weapon. You're a total goddamn catastrophe
06-11-2010, 00:09   #43
Jason Bourne

Total Posts: 7,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by js2012
So in actualy fact the poster isnt discriminating you screeming leftie wannabe.
The poster is being accurate.
Muhahahahahahahaha
The manic depressive strikes again

I take a dim view of those who poke fun at the homeless. Given that ex-soliders make up about one in eleven prisoners and one in ten homeless people, I'd hope people would treat them with a little more respect?

Funny how those who are quite happy to send them to die in the deserts of the Middle East, are seemingly even happier to abandon them when they come back damaged

x
_______
You're U.S. Government property. You're a malfunctioning $30 million weapon. You're a total goddamn catastrophe
06-11-2010, 00:35   #44
whitewitch
hotlipshoulihan

Total Posts: 8,899
Can we please stop the bickering and get this back on topic
_______
Heard that counting sheep helps you sleep... It's bloody freezing in this field! AND I'M STILL WIDE AWAKE!! :-(
06-11-2010, 00:47   #45
norks

Total Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post

I take a dim view of those who poke fun at the homeless. Given that ex-soliders make up about one in eleven prisoners and one in ten homeless people, I'd hope people would treat them with a little more respect?

Funny how those who are quite happy to send them to die in the deserts of the Middle East, are seemingly even happier to abandon them when they come back damaged

x
Agreed ....
06-11-2010, 09:43   #46
peak-polly

Total Posts: 806
If Craig is the gentleman who helped my sister in law last winter, then i reckon he's a star. During the heavy snow of last january my sister in law was walking from Ran Moor to ecclesall road where she works.

She slipped on some ice and landed quite badly on her arm. No one went to help her even though people were walking past, only the homeless gent she said lived in Endcliffe park went to her, asked if she was alright, then gave her a hand up. He then walked with her to the edge of the park to make sure she didnt fall again.

Now during the winter months if she can find him, she'll treat him to a hot sandwich for breakfast, and he's always appreciative. It may not be the same guy, but even so whoever he is my sister in law will always be grateful for his help that morning.
06-11-2010, 11:14   #47
norks

Total Posts: 2,349
I really hope she does, I know alot of homeless people and believe me some of the stories are heartbreaking to hear.

I t is such a shame that they are all tarred with the same brush and looked down upon by society, forgotten almost. Like they are an embarrassment, we should be helping these people not callingg them unpleasent names
06-11-2010, 11:38   #48
OOmpa

Total Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrend View Post
Hang on That's NOT fair!. She has a valid point and to hell with anyone who wants to argue with me.

Have you ever been homeless? Did they call you a tramp? I suspect the answer to the first question is NO. Well let me tell you something "mister" IF someone had called me a tramp in the year I was on the street (after I was evicted due to someone elses misdoing) then I would have been dam right offended.

Homeless people are not tramps! I know 2 in Sheffield who long for a roof over their heads and a job and a chance at life. Tramps CHOOSE to live on the street and homeless people do not.

So please do not tar everyone with the same brush. And while you are at it RESPECT other's opinions JUST like we respect YOURS!
Yes it is fair and I don't need you to tell me what to do thanks
06-11-2010, 11:55   #49
OOmpa

Total Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by peak-polly View Post
If Craig is the gentleman who helped my sister in law last winter, then i reckon he's a star. During the heavy snow of last january my sister in law was walking from Ran Moor to ecclesall road where she works.

She slipped on some ice and landed quite badly on her arm. No one went to help her even though people were walking past, only the homeless gent she said lived in Endcliffe park went to her, asked if she was alright, then gave her a hand up. He then walked with her to the edge of the park to make sure she didnt fall again.

Now during the winter months if she can find him, she'll treat him to a hot sandwich for breakfast, and he's always appreciative. It may not be the same guy, but even so whoever he is my sister in law will always be grateful for his help that morning.
Well said he's not someone to be ridiculed
06-11-2010, 19:40   #50
Hetty

Total Posts: 968
re. Craig, I have never come into contact with him, but the 'saying there but for the grace of God go I' springs to mind, we'd do well to think on that.
07-11-2010, 12:52   #51
purple.sarah

Total Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post

x
I take a dim view of those who poke fun at the mentally ill. Which is a shame because the rest of your post made a valid point.
07-11-2010, 15:16   #52
wodger

Total Posts: 428
Sense at last. Yes many of these people are ex servicemen that have given service to their country. Though there is help out there now for the present day servicemen many that are much older do not know how to get help or where to go for help. Many are too proud to ask for help. I know I have been there myself. I have been depressed and thought nobody cared. I got a good kick up the butt and a lot of help to get where I am now. I was very lucky. We also have young people that have left home because of abuse and trust no-one, They exist on the streets and yes they BEG. Now we have many that would like to catalogue these people and know nothing about their plight, These same people could find themselves or one of their family in a similar situation, With the risks the Government is taking now we may see many desperate and needy people out on the streets. I have already met with many disabled pensioners and also down and outs that fear for their future. Now is the time we must help each other to get over what is about to happen.
11-11-2010, 23:49   #53
shawncharles

Total Posts: 20
interesting guy, I did go to find him this morning, but he was not there today
12-11-2010, 03:06   #54
kellygian

Total Posts: 29
bless that man who sleeps there..... especially in this ****e weather, hope he remains safe and well. x
12-11-2010, 03:12   #55
andygardener

Total Posts: 7,060
Craigs a decent enough bloke whose made some bad choices in life. He's by no means a threat to anyone and considering what he's been through remains remarkably cheerful.
16-11-2010, 12:10   #56
tokyojoe

Total Posts: 2,139
this sounds like the guy who used to be at the bus shelter across from the northern gen hospital with his cider and bicycle believe his name is carl.
26-03-2011, 08:27   #57
cfandtwalker

Total Posts: 64
ive seen him. poor man!
26-03-2011, 18:58   #58
al pacino

Total Posts: 43
It is a shame to still see a man or woman sleeping on a bench. We throw millions to other countries to help others but cant help our own. We support the wrong charities that give money to african kids and so on to stop them dieing from aids and other disease. If all these kids are gonna die then why are they having them. I think they should send them durex over or teach the men to pull out when required. Sort the diseases out then they can have as many kids as they want. Well, not all that many.
26-03-2011, 19:02   #59
Nataliie

Total Posts: 3,058
I used to talk to a homeless guy when I was in town, he was only young, probably in his late 20s and was really friendly and chatty. I haven't seen him in a long time I hope he's managed to get a place and settle down.
_______

"A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
04-04-2011, 12:15   #60
lubylou
Part-Time Blonde

Total Posts: 3,636
If its the same guy, i have just been stood talking to him for 10 mins, he is a lovely guy, although a bit drunk , but we had a good chat, i was taking a dog for a walk and he knew the dog and said he had helped the owner with it a couple of times when it escaped. Its a shame he has to sleep rough but he didnt seem too bothered about it tbh, apart from when tennis balls come over the wall to where he is sleeping and hit him on the head
_______
Dont sit on your cat, they dont seem to like it.
Reply To Topic