Kashmir Curry Centre

Maximum big-ups to the Kashmir Curry Centre on Spital Hill, where we tried a curry from last night. After trying a number of indian takeaways in the city over recent months, I've been left disappointed at the selection of meat covered in generic sauce that is offered up, no matter what curry is ordered!

However, after trying the Kashmir last night, it made a pleasant change to taste two curries that were flavoursome and not separated purely by the amount of curry powder that was in each one. Even the meat was tender and without fat.

Enough of the Kashmir love-in now, I just wanted to say that I thought it was very good and if you're fed up of generic Sheffield curry, you should try this place :)

i know were my suppers coming from tonight :)

Safron club on west street. mmmmmmm

its been great for years, although looking like a transport cafe it could put people off.

You know, I have heard great things about this place but still never popped in. Think it might have to be done in the next week

does it open at lunchtime?

I found it very overrated.

PIZZA PALACE on pitsmoor road is nice if you want the number its 0114 2757675 do great curries ;)

I went twice because of alot of people saying how great it was and both times I found it disappointing. The food was average, the decor appalling, there was a damp smell about the place and its not cheap!

its been great for years, although looking like a transport cafe it could put people off.

I'll agree that the decor isn't great at all - I've been past many times before I went in and it looks like some kind of canteen or, as you say, possibly even a transport cafe.

I'll agree that the decor isn't great at all - I've been past many times before I went in and it looks like some kind of canteen or, as you say, possibly even a transport cafe.

I dont mind it looking like a canteen, thats what most eateries in India/Pakistan are like. If you got to Hounslow or Southall there are loads of these Indian cafes with prices to match, their equivalent of our greasy spoons, but the difference is, the Kashmir is priced as a restaurant with average food!

I find the Kashmir dirty, the dishes not washed as they should be, some with dried food on them, food on the floor which should have been swept up, greasy glasses, drunks, etc etc. Average curry, tasting rather like a Morrisons takeaway curry. In my opinion the Mangla is far better!