Congratulations William + Kate. A New Baby Prince.

So pleased the new prince has arrived safely.

Congratulations. :clap:

Yeah well done another mouth to feed.

Wonderful news. Congratulations.

Yeah, I am so pleased, can't wait to find out what they are calling it...it is the best thing to happen since I don't know when....but it took far too long to get a mention on this forum. Where WAS everybody?

Yeah, I am so pleased, can't wait to find out what they are calling it...it is the best thing to happen since I don't know when....but it took far too long to get a mention on this forum. Where WAS everybody?

You may find that some don't give a you know what about any of the royals.Up the republic when liz snuffs it.

Yeah well done another mouth to feed.

Mam and dad can get on with their day jobs and things while grandad and step grand ma

Look after the kids that will help with the family budget , it's what we all do ,int it:hihi:

My lord , an innocent child is born and the knives come out for his family :roll:

You may find that some don't give a you know what about any of the royals.Up the republic when liz snuffs it.

My lord , an innocent child is born and the knives come out for his family :roll:

Well, only a few hundred years ago, the knives would come out *from* his family.

The only knives here are metaphorical.

So that's progress.

If you go back a thousand years and look at the politico-economic trends up to today, royal families have become less important, wealthy, relevant and extant. The world doesn't belong to them anymore really. European royalty have been little more than charity figureheads and grists to the mill of the endless gossip mags in 22 languages for the last 50 years.

Gravitas, unity, national pride and continuity are imbued in the nation by the royal family, and these have served the national interest at times of crisis, unquestionably. But in my own opinion it's baggage, and like the adversarial/bicameral parliament, it's holding the country back and will ultimately yield to reason.

Well, only a few hundred years ago, the knives would come out *from* his family.

The only knives here are metaphorical.

So that's progress.

If you go back a thousand years and look at the politico-economic trends up to today, royal families have become less important, wealthy, relevant and extant. The world doesn't belong to them anymore really. European royalty have been little more than charity figureheads and grists to the mill of the endless gossip mags in 22 languages for the last 50 years.

Gravitas, unity, national pride and continuity are imbued in the nation by the royal family, and these have served the national interest at times of crisis, unquestionably. But in my own opinion it's baggage, and like the adversarial/bicameral parliament, it's holding the country back and will ultimately yield to reason.

Not a fan then :)

I am not a Royalist in any shape or form, yes it's another mouth for us to feed but it would be churlish not to wish the infant well as he starts his life, Royal or not.

Just to add, Prince Willy says, they have thrice the worry now. Worry, I doubt if the Prince knows the meaning of the word. Worry is having three kids and not having enough brass to feed them and pay the rent.

Angel1.