Chinese sauces with no English language on the packet

you can buy these in Chinese shops in the UK but there is no English language, like instructions as to what you are supposed to do with the foodstuff, on the packet at all. It's all in Chinese.

is this legal?

炖15分钟

Look for the above. Simmer for 15 minutes. :)

you can buy these in Chinese shops in the UK but there is no English language, like instructions as to what you are supposed to do with the foodstuff, on the packet at all. It's all in Chinese.

is this legal?

I rather think the products will be aimed at the Chinese.

Many French supermarkets now have a section of British foodstuffs and everything on the label / box is in English.

炖15分钟

Look for the above. Simmer for 15 minutes. :)

some of the packets are radically extreme, and they have not western, but only Chinese numerals. So an unsuspecting westerner, has no clue, how long you are supposed to simmer the sauce for.

some of the packets are radically extreme, and they have not western, but only Chinese numerals. So an unsuspecting westerner, has no clue, how long you are supposed to simmer the sauce for.

15 minutes.

So, vote with your wallet and buy something else. Something that you know how to cook.

I really can’t see the problem.

Guest makapaka

Good god - what did the police say??

So, vote with your wallet and buy something else. Something that you know how to cook.

I really can’t see the problem.

I mean you could have a go at cooking it, but if it's got traces of nuts or summat in it someone could die. I thought things had to be clearly labelled.

I mean you could have a go at cooking it, but if it's got traces of nuts or summat in it someone could die. I thought things had to be clearly labelled.

I wouldn’t buy or eat a packet of food if I couldn’t read the ingredients.

But that’s partly because I do have a food allergy :wink:

I wouldn’t buy or eat a packet of food if I couldn’t read the ingredients.

But that’s partly because I do have a food allergy :wink:

Well take your eppy pen if you are going to a dinner party if it's Chinese on the menu and you don't know them that well ;)

Guest makapaka

Well you wouldn’t buy it if you were that concerned plus pretty much everything you buy says may contain traces of nuts.

There’ll be nothing in these shops you can’t get in tescos anyway so if it bothers people don’t shop there.

Or learn Chinese if you want to shop there.

Well you wouldn’t buy it if you were that concerned plus pretty much everything you buy says may contain traces of nuts.

There’ll be nothing in these shops you can’t get in tescos anyway so if it bothers people don’t shop there.

Or learn Chinese if you want to shop there.

I don't know if they say they contain nuts or not - in English or Chinese. I was merely interested in the legal stand point.