Any good financial advisers in Sheffield?

Independent one please! Thanks

Give these guys a call, ask for Dave Hall.

They will come out to see you.

Fundworks Ltd,

Step Business Centre,

Wortley Road,

Deepcar,

Sheffield,

S36 2UH.

Tel: 0114 2903645

Fax: 0114 2903646

Fundworks Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FCA Number 209002.

Edited by DumDom
Extra info

Not many of them about ,ask the miners and steelworkers who were advised to swop Thier pensions to private equities ,the biggest winners were the advisers.

Not many of them about ,ask the miners and steelworkers who were advised to swop Thier pensions to private equities ,the biggest winners were the advisers.

In my experience albert, there just glorified salesmen.

Go for a long established firm with multiple advisers, go and see them, if they are trading from cheap looking premises or from home, be wary. Look at the advisers ages, experience and qualifications, many will have started off working for and being trained by top UK companies. I’m not keen on dealing with my bank, or any of the high street banks in respect of none banking business, there if far too much conflict of interest for my liking.

There is plenty of information on-line, read up well and get some idea of what you want before getting your cheque book out. Read up on ISA rules and new Inland revenue taxation rules. Many accountants practices have a financial services arm, they give a very high level of investor protection. And finally just remember that if you are invested in equities and there is a crash, your investment could go down, but hopefully you will have already discovered that it can also go up.

:thumbsup:

I am a member of Unite and they gave me free financial advice when it came to my British Steel Pension. They were brilliant and pretty much explicitly told me to not even think about transferring it out. It meant to stay and go to the new scheme or drop into the PPF. Since I am decades away from retiring he effectively said that the best way is to go the PPF route. Why risk the whole pot for 10%? Glad I took his advice especially with the issues with the Tata Steel Europe/ Thyssenkrup merger.

Google Steve Saunders. He was amazing with us!

How much are you investing (roughly) ?

You may be better doing it yourself using a ‘tracker’ fund, very low charges and (relatively) low risk. As they’ll tell you, ad nauseum, the funds/stocks etc can go down as well as up.

Remember, if these folk are that good, they wouldn’t be wasting time advising you and me, they’d be making their own fortunes.

Most of them couldn’t be described as ‘philanthropists’ doing a job to help us all!

(End of cynical rant)