FirstGroup gets take over offer from Apollo

why would a god of the sun, light, music and prophecy want to buy a bus company?

why would a god of the sun, light, music and prophecy want to buy a bus company?

Why not? A horsedrawn covered mail wagon bought one!

Maybe the purchaser should be told where to get off...

How will it affect the share price.. I have a substantial amount of shares In first group. notice they have risen about 10p in price. Good or Bad.

How will it affect the share price.. I have a substantial amount of shares In first group. notice they have risen about 10p in price. Good or Bad.

obviously if its gone up its good?

obviously if its gone up its good?

Yea, I know. what I mean is will they keep going up. I'm wondering whether to cash em in. lately they have been performing very bad. I used to get a good dividend years ago, but they stopped paying about 5yrs ago. iv"e had them about 30yrs at one stage they were over £7. buy the way I worked for 1st group and its predecessors for 41years, hence the number of shares I acquired.

Yea, I know. what I mean is will they keep going up. I'm wondering whether to cash em in. lately they have been performing very bad. I used to get a good dividend years ago, but they stopped paying about 5yrs ago. iv"e had them about 30yrs at one stage they were over £7. buy the way I worked for 1st group and its predecessors for 41years, hence the number of shares I acquired.

ah thats the thing with shares, the age old when do you cash em in, will they go up, will they go down. I suppose they might rise a bit with current news, but looking at history are they sort of settled at a lower price? if so sell while they have risen

That's my problem mel. just wondering what people thought. I"ll probably hang on to them, fool that I am.

I think all buses companies are struggling they keep putting fares up to keep the shareholders happy. In my area less and less people are using the bus it just an matter of time before it's withdrawn.

We were told today that a second offer has been made and the directors are going to London tomorrow. That's all i know.

I hope Apollo smartens up the hit and miss 82 bus which is getting quite unreliable lately.