Stop appliance genocide

Good OLDER things that RAN BETTER are being replaced with cheap garbage and its sad people just WILLINGLY accept this trash.... Stuff made in the 50s,etc was MUCH BETTER and ran nicer........

Now those units were the biggest energy hogs,but just like cars,got WORSE in the later 70s..... But I would rather have something OLDER than was made well and runs good then this newer garbage made from 2000 on!!

I have seen people (Even my own parents) take perfectly GOOD things and replace them with something else (Which isnt as good WHICH THEY THINK IS BETTER!) -- Its really sad what the elite have done to people...... (To make them easily managable (Those with WEAK MINDS are most vulnerable))

Here is a list of different coloured appliances,its interesting!

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Appliance&con=m

I think the WHOLE "Green" appliances is about 90% crapola!!

Those things DO NOT RUN WELL and arent reliable at all!!

Some of this older stuff USES LESS POWER than the crap out now!!!!! (And is better)

Good OLDER things that RAN BETTER are being replaced with cheap garbage and its sad people just WILLINGLY accept this trash.... Stuff made in the 50s,etc was MUCH BETTER and ran nicer........

Now those units were the biggest energy hogs,but just like cars,got WORSE in the later 70s..... But I would rather have something OLDER than was made well and runs good then this newer garbage made from 2000 on!!

I have seen people (Even my own parents) take perfectly GOOD things and replace them with something else (Which isnt as good WHICH THEY THINK IS BETTER!) -- Its really sad what the elite have done to people...... (To make them easily managable (Those with WEAK MINDS are most vulnerable))...

I think the WHOLE "Green" appliances is about 90% crapola!!

Those things DO NOT RUN WELL and arent reliable at all!!

Some of this older stuff USES LESS POWER than the crap out now!!!!! (And is better)

Yes. James Dyson is particularly cross about the appliance-power restrictions and the energy wastage that they cause.

Many companies now design products with built-in obsolescence or have a planned obsolescence for their products.

Just think about it? It's not in the intrest of a manufacturer to have you buy a product & then still be using it 30 years from now.

I think the vehicle scrapage scheme was and is awful, means hundreds of classics and future classics are scrapped..... Moggy Thousands, Ford Anglias etc....

Quite agree with you Dude111. Indeed our family were talking about this only a couple of days ago. We had a Hoover Constellation vacuum cleaner that lasted at least 20 years before we gave it away to a friend who used it some more. Built to last from real metal, it looked like a round spaceship, was well engineered to float on a cushion of air and had the ability to turn from a vacuum to an air blower by sticking the pipe into the air outlet. Brilliant design and much missed. The problem these days is finding anything of any quality to buy as most of it is cheap foreign plastic junk!

I agree to a point. Mobile phone manufacturers make batteries hard to remove and up til recently Apple made software updates that deliberately ran down batteries.

My TV is ok, but not UHD but I don't want to get rid just because it's 10 years old. I bet I couldn't give it away. I'll keep it til it dies.

Many companies now design products with built-in obsolescence or have a planned obsolescence for their products.

Is it built in obsolescence though or is it just because its designed to use cheap materials and therefore cheaper to make? People seem to have accumulated so much debt these days that most cant afford expensive well made products that last.

LOL i keep reading the title as "appalling Genocide"

Things tend to be a lot more sophisticated these days; and the extra complexity of machines, just means there's more to go wrong.