"Scapegoats" what's you view..

Interesting to read over the weekend the perception that there always seems to be a "scapegoat" at Hillsborough when things aren't going well(most of this season then..!)...

It comes after Jacob Butterfield was booed on,as he replaced Barry Bannan on Saturday....and the other current target is Morgan Fox....over the years i can recall the likes of Llera,Nuhiu,Briscoe,Bothroyd,Martin Taylor and more surprisingly Bullen and Sheridan getting stick..

I don't understand what booing your own players achieve's and feel the rise of social media has a lot to do with it...but does this happen elsewhere ..be interesting to hear other people's views..?

Interesting to read over the weekend the perception that there always seems to be a "scapegoat" at Hillsborough when things aren't going well(most of this season then..!)...

It comes after Jacob Butterfield was booed on,as he replaced Barry Bannan on Saturday....and the other current target is Morgan Fox....over the years i can recall the likes of Llera,Nuhiu,Briscoe,Bothroyd,Martin Taylor and more surprisingly Bullen and Sheridan getting stick..

I don't understand what booing your own players achieve's and feel the rise of social media has a lot to do with it...but does this happen elsewhere ..be interesting to hear other people's views..?

Butterfield has been poor but played ok after coming on on Saturday, Jones is another scapegoat, theres always a player in a team who does the "dirty work" breaking up the oppositions attacks and keeping it tidy in midfield, they don't really stand out but actually do a decent job, it tends to be this type of player that gets the stick.

The first time i came across a player being a scape goat ( i wouldn,t call it that i would say unpopular with the fans) i was as a young lad and everytime Kieth Ellis led the line there was always negative comments about him. Since then i have took no notice of other peoples views because for a man to play for a club ten years and score 52 goals in 102 appearances, and scoring a hatrick in our greatest away victory 7-2 at Old Trafford he must have done something right. Everyone has an opinion but i would never "Boo" one of my teams players off. I will leave that to the ones who think they can do better.

most of the current squad has been Scapegoat one time or another this season

Not just Wednesday, all clubs have those type of fans, probably same ones as "gerritforrad" brigade. A number of our players have been blamed so far this season.

---------- Post added 10-04-2018 at 11:52 ----------

most of the current squad has been Scapegoat one time or another this season

I seem to remember Nunu being one of them, look at him now.