Blades vs Cardiff 02/04/18

The return of Warnock.

Facing the in form team in the English leagues. I don't see much our way happening in this game.

While I think it will be a tough game, we need to go fo the win and a point at home is not good enough, regardless of the opposition.

Win or lose, we just need to go for it.

I would be amazed if we beat Cardiff,in the form that they are in,they aren't not going to go up automatic from here.

They have goal threat all over and can go at it in different styles with pace and power,or from the traditional Warnock style.Think they have a tendency to start games slowly,so our best chance may be to try and hit them early on,but once they get on top it will be hard to get control back from them,so we are going to have to be at our best for virtually the whole 90 minutes,hope they have an off day,result of the season if we win.

Two very direct sides so it might not be one for the purist, Cardiff in good form and are a typical CW side, hard working, uncompromising and they bite and scratch for everything. Uniteds form hasn’t been great in the 2nd half of the season and I don’t think they have the firepower to take enough of the chances that Cardiff may grant them.

1-2

We need to be going for the win, but Cardiff have loads of pace, something we struggle against.

I know what Top says about us being direct is just a dig, as we're the opposite of that at times. But I feel like we need to be more direct on Monday and not mess about with it too much like we usually do, which would leave us exposed to the counter attack when we have numbers up at the other end. Cardiff would definitely punish us.

Our strikers really need to put their chances away, some absolutely dire finishing of late.

We need to be going for the win, but Cardiff have loads of pace, something we struggle against.

I know what Top says about us being direct is just a dig, as we're the opposite of that at times. But I feel like we need to be more direct on Monday and not mess about with it too much like we usually do, which would leave us exposed to the counter attack when we have numbers up at the other end. Cardiff would definitely punish us.

Our strikers really need to put their chances away, some absolutely dire finishing of late.

This it it,we do need to be more direct,many teams just get it into the mixer and see what happens,look at the own goal Sunderland got last night,into the box,and bang.even a defender puts it in for them,Basham showed what happens yesterday when you just have a go.

I can't understand why Wilder spent so long chasing Ricky Holmes, then refuses to play him. He seems to be the obvious replacement for Duffy and would make us more direct. A draw would be a good result.

I can't understand why Wilder spent so long chasing Ricky Holmes, then refuses to play him. He seems to be the obvious replacement for Duffy and would make us more direct. A draw would be a good result.

It's a good point,it was good to see Lundstram and Leonard get starts yesterday,we need to get these new signings bedded in,improved and contributing to improving the team,sometimes these things take time when fans want immediate impact,but Lundstram really needs to be kicking on,and the Jan. signings making progress.Like I said earlier,Millwall have done amazing with their recruitment,we need to have a look at this in future and refine ours.

Edited by chalga

Put the wrong post in here.

I think in this match bringing Duffy off the bench at half time choose what the score is and keep the ball on the floor all the match

Cardiff have won 8 on the spin.I think most Blades would see a draw as a good result.

Need a win, draws no good now, can"t see it but you never know.

Can’t see us getting anything from this game,we are miles behind Cardiff in quality looks like mr warnock has the magic touch