Sunderland v Sheffield Wednesday 02/04/18

After back to back wins (and fairly good performances) the Owls are as good as safe, players coming back is a massive bonus and all we can do is try to finish the season on a high, if your not in the top 6 or the bottom 3 the league position is much of a muchness. Injuries permitting I’d probably go with the side that started the second half yesterday with FF again a sub. Sunderland have been awful but look to be giving it a go so it won’t be easy.

2-2

What a result for sunderland last night. funny old game.

After they won 4 - 1 at Derby I would expect Sunderland to be up for it, they really owe their fans big time after this seasons displays, I think a draw is on the cards.

Sunderland win their first game in 11 and you think they look to be giving it a go? No wonder you're happy with safety this season.

Sunderland win their first game in 11 and you think they look to be giving it a go? No wonder you're happy with safety this season.

I’m not happy with safety but after a wretched season and looking over our shoulder what else is their, I wrote this season off after the Ipswich game ages ago.

Sunderland had 8 games to save their status yesterday was game one, if they are having a go which they will it has to be now.

Given our result over Preston we are no longer looking over our shoulder. Give the fans who are going something to cheer about play two up top Dave and Lucus with either Nando or Reach supporting them.Leave the rest as it was if Hutch is fit. Even with the good result they had at Derby i thing we will just edge it. 2-1 Owls.

I’m not happy with safety but after a wretched season and looking over our shoulder what else is their, I wrote this season off after the Ipswich game ages ago.

Sunderland had 8 games to save their status yesterday was game one, if they are having a go which they will it has to be now.

They need probably need 10 points to stay up, such is how bad it is at thefoot of the table.

A win vs Derby is an unexpected boost for them, but they are still well on course for relegation and I don't see any change in form occuring.

As for the Owls, this is a chance to play without pressure, go out and enjoy the football knowing you're not going down or up.

Despite Sunderland beating Derby 4-1, they were still pretty dire. I mean, you could clearly see why they are where they are, Derby are just in full on collapse.

Sunderland are the worst team I've seen us play this season. Owls win.

I think there will be changes tomorrow... Hutchinson & Bannan both came off early during yesterday's game and I would be surprised if either start tomorrow...with safety almost guaranteed there's no point risking further injuries...Sunderland winning yesterday will give them a boost and some hope of pulling off a miracle.... I'd be happy with a point although three would be very welcome....

All Wednesday Aren't We ...

hahaha see the blades are focussing on Sunderlands recent win, forgetting we also won 4-1 yesterday so shouldnt be under estimated

hahaha see the blades are focussing on Sunderlands recent win, forgetting we also won 4-1 yesterday so shouldnt be under estimated

Top and Sheridan are owls...

Top and Sheridan are owls...

They're that deluded they don't know one another!