'Windrush generation' face deportation threat.

Once again a bit of old fashioned human common sense could have avoided this.

But we are living in an age where if 'computer says no' you're stuffed.

Corbyn and co's fires of hatred???

What are you on.

They have simply stated the case that this soul less, vile Tory Government are a set of braying hyenas who pat themselves on the back and fill their pockets whilst laughing in the face of the people they should be protecting.. The 'slaves' they brought over to do their dirty work.

SHAME ON THEM!!! And the lackeys who support them.

God only knows what the Windrush families had done if Corbyn and co had not spoken out!!!

Get on with your leafletting for the Tories.. they are going to need you.

about the most sensible thing youve said on the forum so far

Once again a bit of old fashioned human common sense could have avoided this.

But we are living in an age where if 'computer says no' you're stuffed.

It wouldn't take to much effort to trace people who have worked here. The Dept. of Works & Pensions, HMRC; local councils, (Poll Tax / Council Tax), will all have records of past payments / contributions that could be used to identify those who were here.

Let's face it, if these people owed the Govt any money, they'd have no problem tracking them down.

It wouldn't take to much effort to trace people who have worked here. The Dept. of Works & Pensions, HMRC; local councils, (Poll Tax / Council Tax), will all have records of past payments / contributions that could be used to identify those who were here.

Let's face it, if these people owed the Govt any money, they'd have no problem tracking them down.

Exactly. This should a formality.

But there is a policy to treat everybody with extreme suspicion regardless of who they are.

And that policy is clearly deliberate.

Looks like the windrush generation are in line for some hefty payouts due to the Westminster rabble getting it wrong again. But don't despair, lessons have been learned, again.

Some one somewhere has got it all wrong, will heads roll, hang on, a pig has just flown past our window.

Angel1.

T May was useless as the Home sec and is useless as the pm.

Looks like the windrush generation are in line for some hefty payouts due to the Westminster rabble getting it wrong again. But don't despair, lessons have been learned, again.

Some one somewhere has got it all wrong, will heads roll, hang on, a pig has just flown past our window.

Angel1.

Nice to know our taxes are going to pay for their incompetance. Now if the (deserved) compensation was to come out of their own pockets it might focus their minds a bit, and maybe they wouldn't make such a **** up of things quite so often.

Nice to know our taxes are going to pay for their incompetance. Now if the (deserved) compensation was to come out of their own pockets it might focus their minds a bit, and maybe they wouldn't make such a **** up of things quite so often.

That way they would definitely learn by their mistakes.

That way they would definitely learn by their mistakes.
I highly doubt it (check the article date).

The Windrush situation is just the latest, and most high-profile, in what is actually a very long litany of similar cases since 2010 and May's hostile environment.

And it certainly won't be the last either, mark my words. Out of 3m EU immigrants, considering (i) the thousands of mistakes already made to date, (ii) the timescale to Brexit and (iii) the governements' track record on IT projects (spend/delivery date/fitness for purpose), tens of thousands at least of settled EU immigrants have got the same coming their way (when they're not on the receiving end already).

The Windrush situation is just the latest, and most high-profile, in what is actually a very long litany of similar cases since 2010 and May's hostile environment.

And it certainly won't be the last either, mark my words. Out of 3m EU immigrants, considering (i) the thousands of mistakes already made to date, (ii) the timescale to Brexit and (iii) the governements' track record on IT projects (spend/delivery date/fitness for purpose), tens of thousands at least of settled EU immigrants have got the same coming their way (when they're not on the receiving end already).

Another recent example (this time a Canadian who worked here for more than 25 years):

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/24/canadian-woman-told-to-leave-uk-margaret-obrien

Though by now, it has had a happy ending for her.

Too true.

The case of Irene Clennell you feature is shocking and I'm sure there are many more like it. Do the people in charge ever read these cases or apply common sense? Amber Rudd must have been aware of the build up of these cases for a long time, in fact going back years.

The lawyers must be rubbing their hands in glee when even the most obvious cases have to go to court. All those mistakes and so little time...

And once again it's the taxpayer that pays for all this incompetence.

There are deportation targets to be reached.

They throw any weak defenseless person out to meet these targets.

People are not people here, just a number.

I will have to go through that system in few years if the can handle all these euiards with their system. Any problems and ill go straight to Dutch consulate to call for my rights.