Sheffield star online

Agree the online addition is a waste of time,however although the adds are bad there are some local papers web sites that are far worse and almost impossible to read being nearly all adverts.

I used to enjoy reading the comments on stories in the Star online until the trolls, nutters and inadequates took it over and spoiled it. Now you have to access it through Facebook and as there are very few comments now I assume others, like me, are not on facebook or are just not bothered.

The Sheffield star online is terrible.

Bombarded by advertisements,surveys and it’s constantly crashing.

Pity really as I like trying to read the star online.

An app should be great but I don’t know if they have one ether.

Just tried it on line ,nearly impossible to read and Amazon charge nearly the same as buying the paper waste of time.

The adverts and links make it unreadable. Take this story:

EXCLUSIVE: Full list reveals extent of funding cuts to each school in Sheffield

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/exclusive-full-list-reveals-extent-of-funding-cuts-to-each-school-in-sheffield-1-9122021

Scroll down after the headline, picture and author details and you're presented with this crap before you get to the article:

Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions

http://www.giveitlove.com/hilarious-kid-answers-to-test-questions/

In the middle of the article is an advert for World Vision and Ebay

I use an Ad Blocker on every site i visit, and i just registered with the Star using a fake name and an email address i made up purely just for the star. The star website runs quite fast once you ave taken the adverts out of the equation,

I use an Ad Blocker on every site i visit, and i just registered with the Star using a fake name and an email address i made up purely just for the star. The star website runs quite fast once you ave taken the adverts out of the equation,

I have refused to turn off my ad blocker and i am not messing about registering to read their crappy website.You can get most of the Sheffield news on this forum anyway.:hihi:

---------- Post added 20-04-2018 at 17:10 ----------

I used to enjoy reading the comments on stories in the Star online until the trolls, nutters and inadequates took it over and spoiled it. Now you have to access it through Facebook and as there are very few comments now I assume others, like me, are not on facebook or are just not bothered.

I used to have a great time commenting on there,was always good for a laugh.I miss gerimo on the football section.

Edited by area 51

There is an article in today's online Star saying:

LISTED: The 21 lost Sheffield pubs that drinkers will fondly remember.

Well they might remember 20 but not 21 because one of them is the The Corner Pin, St Sepulchre Gate West which when I did a search was in Doncaster.:rolleyes:

'One over the eight' is the correct phrase- I've not heard of 'one over the twenty'.

.... The Corner Pin, St Sepulchre Gate West which when I did a search was in Doncaster.:rolleyes:

...and still open.

They also list the Hop in West One. Which is now called something else but is still a bar. Hardly comparable to the other derelict ones.

The Star is an embarrassment. But then all local dailies are.

Another day, another load of 'lists' om the Sheffield Star website, trying to pass as news.

Today,

'20 worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in Sheffield';

'The best takeaways in Sheffield according to TripAdvisor'; (not even the journalists' own work!).

'The Sheffield criminals serving the longest sentences ever handed out in the city.'

The star app is rubbish. It is all over the place. I have bought the Star newspaper all my life just as my father did. I am now 69. But when they put the price up again that was it for me. So i have not bought the paper for about 2 months and i have not missed it at all.

Regarding the so called 'Lists' - I can only view the first five pictures in both The Star & Derbyshire Times. Their media expert is supposed to be investigating the problem & coming back to me. That was a week ago. Needless to say, I'm still waiting!!