Sunbathers Trash Devonshire Green & Endcliffe Park

Guest makapaka
It's more like 60% that goes on social care. About 6% goes on emptying bins etc.

It’s not 60% or 6% - if you go on the website it states 315m of the 1344m of council tax will go on adult and children social care - 23%

It’s not 60% or 6% - if you go on the website it states 315m of the 1344m of council tax will go on adult and children social care - 23%

Nope, 60%.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/council-tax/check-my-band/Council%2520Tax%25202018%25206.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjk94ii1tDaAhWkDsAKHQvfDLkQFjACegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1rVjsr5SIIlP1KmqTb2fv1

Edit. Actually 53%, I miscounted. See table on page 8 above.

Edited by barleycorn

Guest makapaka

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks the litter around Sheffield is a disgrace. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for it. People seem to actively want to live in a pigsty- it's not just limited to devonshie green- it's all over.

Massive fines for those doing it is the only thing that would work I believe. Appealing to any sense of reason in people who drop litter is pointless- they don't have it.

The whole thing is shameful - it's like living in a pigsty.

---------- Post added 23-04-2018 at 19:32 ----------

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks the litter around Sheffield is a disgrace. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for it. People seem to actively want to live in a pigsty- it's not just limited to devonshie green- it's all over.

Massive fines for those doing it is the only thing that would work I believe. Appealing to any sense of reason in people who drop litter is pointless- they don't have it.

All these young offenders who get xhrs community work as punishment, could be utilised in to teams of litter pickers.

Barleycorn, makapaka. Have a proper read of my original post from 15:12 yesterday. You pay an additional 3% of council tax for Adult Social Care Precept.

The following is from page 6 of the SCC correspondence that we were all sent.

"In November 2015, the Government

announced that they were introducing an

arrangement for a social care precept of

2% to be included in Council Tax bills

for 2016/17. The Government has since

confirmed that this social care precept

will continue in 2017/18, 2018/19 and

2019/20, with the amount charged being

up to a 3% increase per annum. This will

raise an additional £14.9 million in total

in 2018/19, which we will use to support

adult social care, helping to protect

some of our older and most vulnerable

residents in need of care and support."

Guest makapaka

---------- Post added 23-04-2018 at 19:32 ----------

It is a disgrace in places but I don’t think it’s reflective of the whole city - I think generally it’s improved from what I remember as a kid.

I went through grimesthorpe / page hall the other day and it was a complete mess.

tbh if there were more / bigger bins around the area, more accessible, and more workers emptying them during the days then it wouldn't be as much of an issue...

how many bins have the council removed throughout the city centre in the last few years? not sure, but I know it's a fair few...

All these young offenders who get xhrs community work as punishment, could be utilised in to teams of litter pickers.

I caj see where you're coming from on this one but I'd rather see people dispose of their litter responsibly.

Those on community service could be used to remove graffiti.

If anyone is concerned about litter and would like to help in their own area can I suggest they visit the Sheffield Litter Pickers group on Facebook?

If anyone is concerned about litter and would like to help in their own area can I suggest they visit the Sheffield Litter Pickers group on Facebook?

Nice idea but in the meantime what happens when the people who litter realise they can do it and someone else will clean it up

I was looking at p11 if same document- something doesn’t stack up there.

The pie charts show total expenditure which includes grants for specific services. Because certain services receive grants then they have less of an allocation from council tax.