Magnifier for books and /or computer screen

Help needed quickly!! Had cataract operation and its left me unable to read books close up, also trouble with computer screen. Can anyone give me an URGENT recommendation for a magnifier to be held over books / fit onto screen?

Forgive me if you've already tried this, but have you tried altering the zoom on your computer?

Try the Sheffield Royal Socierpty for the Blind, on Mappin Street they should be able to sell you the aids you need.

Can you tell me how to do it please? Computer dunce!!

To zoom your computer screen in

Hold down the control key then use the wheel on your mouse to increase / decrease the screen size.

This won't work for all sites but will help with some.

You can also buy thin plastic sheets that act as a magnifier for books. I think I got one from clark and partners in hillsborough barracks. They should be available from other places and are light weight.

Edited by mort

Can you tell me how to do it please? Computer dunce!!

Which browser are you using?

Its telling me Chrome 66. I'm using Google. Can I thank you all for your help!! Now have large on my screen!!!