'Touch-Free' Packaging for Raw Meat

For the terminally useless and lazy you can already buy fish, seasoned and in a pouch, ready to go in the oven without touching it. If they really must, and I'm sure I've seen then do it already, then pop some chicken in one.

But, really! Man up and touch it, it's dead so it won't bite. Personally, I quite like the feel of dead meat. Probably live meat too, not that it would be alive for very much longer.

If you wipe your mouth after touching heavily contaminated meat its a valid concern, but 20 seconds soap and water is enough... and serious who does wipe their mouth whilst prepping food anyway?

Dettol though is a bit daft, and probably ineffective

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 13:22 ----------

Stand up and volunteer then... the problem getting them invovled as ever has always been insufficient adults :( Your local group is going to be crying out for help I would expect...

I used to run a Beavers Group (Pre Scout cubs) and help with cubs.

I also took classes of 30 kids up to Scout Dyke Residential every year. They loved it. So many of them had never been away from home before or played in woods, built Dens, played Hide and seek etc.

But I couldn't believe how many princesses there were who didn't want to get their shoes or clothes dirty (they'd beeen warned to bring old stuff) and spent hours doing their hair (10 year olds!) Nevertheless we managed to get them mucky in the end and having a whale of a time. Great days.

But I've done my bit. I'm too old now. Kids are exhausting. I salute those that still have the energy. :hihi:

I used to run a Beavers Group (Pre Scout cubs) and help with cubs.

I also took classes of 30 kids up to Scout Dyke Residential every year. They loved it. So many of them had never been away from home before or played in woods, built Dens, played Hide and seek etc.

But I couldn't believe how many princesses there were who didn't want to get their shoes or clothes dirty (they'd beeen warned to bring old stuff) and spent hours doing their hair (10 year olds!) Nevertheless we managed to get them mucky in the end and having a whale of a time. Great days.

But I've done my bit. I'm too old now. Kids are exhausting. I salute those that still have the energy. :hihi:

Kids that insisted on color coordinated outdoor gear did my head in. I had two colours on camp. Grass colour and mud colour... :)

Eh?!

Not okay to touch it with your hands / fingers.

Perfectly okay to touch it with the insides of mouth / throat / stomach.

Makes perfect sense!

Eh?!

Not okay to touch it with your hands / fingers.

Perfectly okay to touch it with the insides of mouth / throat / stomach.

Makes perfect sense!

i think it will be cooked by that point fella :hihi: not straight from field to gullett

i think it will be cooked by that point fella :hihi: not straight from field to gullett

Oh yeah! That's a point. Still, seems a bit crazy over cautious.

Apparently, millenials are refusing to handle raw meat, encouraging supermarkets to look at 'touch-free' packaging:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/16/sainsburys-will-sell-touch-free-packaging-people-dont-handle-raw-meat-7470648/

Considering that most of us don't kill our own food, is it hypocritical to expect someone to handle raw meat in the modern day?

Or, is it just another stick with which to beat the snowflake/millennial generation?

It sounds like a bit of nonsense to me.

If you want to cook then you should expect to touch the ingredients. Just wash your hands afterwards.

Also nonsense because none of the millenials that I know are snowflakes.

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 10:28 ----------

That's the value of getting kids to join organisations like the scouts. They do a grand job of educating youngsters in things like this. What a pity we can't get more kids involved, especially in the age of the computer raised 'snowflake.'

Do you know many kids? Are they raised by computer? The cubs and scouts and ATC near me seem to be well attended.

If you want to cook then you should expect to touch the ingredients. Just wash your hands afterwards.

Probably some lazy market research being done.

"We asked 3 people at a vegan food stall what they dislike about handling raw meat"

"We've come to the conclusion that people in this country hate handling raw chicken"

I have a very advanced facility in my kitchen. When I use it, a fluid emerges and- added to a nearby cleaning material- the fluid enables my hands to have a much reduced infection propensity. The miracle fluid is called 'water' and the very advanced facility is called a 'tap'.

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 10:28 ----------

Do you know many kids? Are they raised by computer? The cubs and scouts and ATC near me seem to be well attended.

I've just started volunteering for the local scout group, and there's a waiting list at our hut.