Ringo Starr receives knighthood

His son Zak is a much better drummer!

And he was taught by Keith Moon.

Its still not as bad as Victoria Beckham receiving an OBE. What for ?? Being permanently sulky ???

Its still not as bad as Victoria Beckham receiving an OBE. What for ?? Being permanently sulky ???

Its just a big joke. Who next Kieth Lemon. :gag:

Its just a big joke. Who next Kieth Lemon. :gag:

They're giving em away like sweets, ten a penny, they've now become worthless.

I agree. Not many people earn them anymore its a case of not what you know its who you know. Gary Barlow made me laugh. He helped with a concert across from Buck House and got knighted. :hihi:

I agree. Not many people earn them anymore its a case of not what you know its who you know. Gary Barlow made me laugh. He helped with a concert across from Buck House and got knighted. :hihi:

I watched an old concert clip of Joe Brown in Liverpool and he was toying with the crowd about collecting his MBE. He took a taxi to Buck House and was chatting with the driver. The taxi pulled up at the front and Joe says," is this the right entrance you go in to get your MBE? The driver replied, " it's the one I went in when I got mine". LOL

I watched an old concert clip of Joe Brown in Liverpool and he was toying with the crowd about collecting his MBE. He took a taxi to Buck House and was chatting with the driver. The taxi pulled up at the front and Joe says," is this the right entrance you go in to get your MBE? The driver replied, " it's the one I went in when I got mine". LOL

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Totally agree , Like England football :gag: caps , worthless

Nothing wrong with the caps, more like what is under them.:help:

I agree entirely but what are caps for playing for Scotland worth ? The likes of Denis Law and Kenny Dalgliesh excepted, I mean these days.

Edited by St Petre
add

He is just average.

He's a better drummer than people give him credit for. Listen to his drumming on Rain and Tomorrow Never Knows.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 13:49 ----------

Great timing, but perhaps more importantly great 'feel' and knowing what a song needs.

There's a great video here which explains some of those ideas better than I can - it's about John Bonham rather than Ringo but you'll get the idea.

Exactly right. Ringo feels a song and gives it what it needs.

---------- Post added 25-03-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Gary Barlow got it for similar reasons Ringo Starr got it; for being a good ambassador for Britain and an all round good egg. (the less said about Gary Barlow's tax affairs the better though.)

Edited by Guest

My Bold

Tell that to Mr Beckham