Amigos Mexican kitchen , London Road

I'm not usually one to write poor reviews on here, but I've been waiting over 2 hours now for my delivery (delivery placed at 17.53). Called to ask where it was and they said it was just leaving. I then received a call from them around 10 minutes later to say that they were only then just leaving..?! And asked me for directions!

The food is usually good from here, and it's by no means my first time ordering. But the delivery time is rarely acceptable, which puts me off. 2 hours is simply unacceptable. A can of pepsi was offered as compensation. Really?! :rolleyes:

Went last night, had a great meal(as usual), only one thing wrong with it, no spoons given to us.

We had the taco tray between us as starter but were not given spoons to put the dips on with, we had to use our knives.

Couldn't get the attention of any staff as it was very busy, don't know if its the norm for this dish, but please issue spoons guys.

Great food as usual tho.

we are planing on a mexican takeaway / daytime cafe on london road , what do yiu guys think , is there any demand , what are people looking for

It would be great to find a good Machaca burrito for those cold winter mornings when you want something hot and substantial in your belly. Mexican hot chocolate is good for that too!

I'm pleased to hear this place was just moving and had not closed down. :)

Mothers day at Amigos Mexican Kitchen.

Treat your mum to our special mothers day 3 course meal for 14.95 pp .

Please call 01142585900 or email at amigos.mexican.kitchen@gmail.com to reserve your table.

Thanks,

Amigos

---------- Post added 27-02-2013 at 19:50 ----------

Mother’s day Menu

Starters

Tres tacos

Make your own tacos with Soft flour & corn tortillas, chilli & lime prawns, chipotle chicken, refried beans cheese & dips

Roasted red pepper, tomato & avocado soup

Coriander cream

Hot chilli chicken wings,

Chive cream

Amigos salad

Chunky Peppers onion, tomatoes, beans, olives, feta cheese & house dressing

Main course

Piri-piri Roast chicken

Marinated in piri piri spice, served with Mexican sauté potato and sweet corn salsa

Braised beef steak enchilada

Soft flour tortilla, with spices braised beef, beans and jalapenos, baked with salsa & cheese sauce.

Sea bass Fillet

Red pepper & olive tapenade, sautéed potatoes spring onion broth

Three bean & vegetable chilli (v)

Coriander rice, nachos & chipotle salsa

Desserts

Chocolate brownie vanilla ice cream

Vanilla Cheesecake, mix berry coulis

Key lime pie , Chantilly cream

Trio of ice cream, chocolate sauce

If you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies please speak to a member of staff & we will be more than happy to help)

Edited by ewak

(You are welcome to bring your own wine, a corkage fee may be charged)

How about making a decision as to whether it will be or not? Not very fair to say it 'may' be charged. It either will or it won't.

As I have said before, it is a good place. Just a shame about delivery waiting times.

sorry my mistake , i have removed it

Brilliant place, Brilliant food Mexican food is the best and the place is great

Brilliant place, Brilliant food Mexican food is the best and the place is great

And now you have enough posts to sell something :(

Might have already been mentioned but just I'd express my gratitude to Amigos Kitchen who offered both excellent service and great food along with a decent price.

Went for the simple chicken fajita option and at £7.50 for a decently sized portion, I was very impressed. Was on the fizzy drinks due to driving and for 80p a can, that's cheaper than a lot of takeaways.

Will be returning that's for sure!

Has anybody been to Amigos Mexican restaurant on London Road?

If so how do rate it?

Cheers