Aston Woodhouse High School

;) Anyone Out There From Aston Or Dinnington That Went To Woodhouse Around 63 -66? Remember Jessie Baston?

I remember Jessie Baston.She tried to teach me French. I wish I had listened more carefully to her then as I now live in France. Doh!

I didnt realise Jessie taught French. I know Katy Blythe did as she taught me and went to Woodhouse from Swallownest same time as I did. Nice lady if a little strange. Do you remember anyone else. I was there 63 to 66, how about you?

Wow - I remember Katy Blythe - never thought I hear that name mentioned after all these years. She was only small but she could bite, especially if you were a bit cheeky or weren't paying any attention to her.

My Mum & Dad had the Black Bull up to about 1976 but is there anybody out there that remembers the fabulous Friday night music venue - Roadrunner. It was held at the Aston Cricket club every friday and as I remember it was hugely popular.

Incidently I left Aston Woodhouse in the summer of 68.

my name is raymond tideswell , lived in aughton moved to canada 27 years ago , went to aston woodhouse , would love to hear from others in the area , i now live in calgary canada

Like to contact Rodney Fretwell Who left Myers grove to go to aston in the mid 60's.

Hi Asaw

Alas. you have found me, I am Rod Fretwell that went to Myers Grove 1964/65 but moved to Aston High School mid 1965 when my parents took over the 'Black Bull' at Aughton, Near Aston, Sheffield.

I now live in Bolton, Lancs but still like to hear from friends and old aquaintences from my time in Sheffield.

I look forward to your response and please let me know how we know each other.

Cheers

Rod

Hi Raymond

Nice to hear from you, my name is Rod Fretwell

I dont know if we ever met but my Mum and Dad owned the Black Bull in Aughton from 1965 to 1978.They were called Walter & Kitty Fretwell.

I lived there until I got married and bought a house down in Beighton.

I moved to Bolton, Lancashire in 1979 with the thought of staying for a few years but alas I am still here.

Walter, my father died many years ago now but my mum (Kitty) is still going strong at 93 years old. She now lives in Cleveleys near Blackpool.

Hows things in Canada ? - It would be nice to hear from you.

With Regards

Rod Fretwell

of course i remember your mum and dad i lived on westfield ave , the bull was my local . things are great in canada , i am married with 2 daughters in edmonton , tell me more about how your life is going RAY

I know Katy Blythe did as she taught me and went to Woodhouse from Swallownest same time as I did.

-