Happy Birthday Sheffield Wednesday FC

150 years old today, happy birthday and hope you have many, many more.:):):)

150 Years old today and i,ve been on the journey since 1958. Cannot remember how i became an Owls fan, i just did. Standing at the shareholders entrance towards the northwest corner of the south stand, " Take two in mister" me and my mate Smithy never failed. Seen good games and seen some too bad to mention, but always been an Owls fan. May it carry on for another 150 years even though at some time i,ll have to let you go by yourself, how that easter monday of 1958. stands out when we lost 2-1 to Burnley and got relegated that season, and we are here today celebrating 150 Years

UP THE OWLS, and W.A.W.A.W

I can remember when some Wednesday players actually lived in Sheffield. Tony Kay and Peter Swann.

I used to see Tony Kay playing football in the playground as a schoolboy in Shirecliffe Junior School, then later on when he played for Wednesday waiting for the Circular bus to take him down to the Wednesday ground. How times have changed !'

I started following in 1980 when the Sheffield Star gave away a free poster of the promotion winning side under Jack Charlton, it was an awful black and white poster but too pride of place on the bedroom wall. I started going to the odd game and always followed their results, I didn't really start attending regularly till around 86'/87 in the Wilkinson years. Please I was there for the excellent early 90's that eventually lead to some awful spells in the 00's.