Man City pay £53m for Kyle Walker

Well played Daniel Levy! Must be a bit gutting for clubs like Sheffield United who can't hold on to players like this for long enough to reap the big rewards, do they get any of this sale?

Well played Daniel Levy! Must be a bit gutting for clubs like Sheffield United who can't hold on to players like this for long enough to reap the big rewards, do they get any of this sale?

It is £54 million according to today's Times. A world record for a defender.

Kyle Walker doubles his wages to £150,000 per week and United have a 10% sell on clause and so will receive £5.4 million.

Must be more gutting for clubs like yours who never produce any players of worth

Must be more gutting for clubs like yours who never produce any players of worth

Who's his club?

Daft money from a club who's got it to burn.

It is £54 million according to today's Times. A world record for a defender.

Kyle Walker doubles his wages to £150,000 per week and United have a 10% sell on clause and so will receive £5.4 million.

Well done Blades,another great bit of business,well done to Kyle too,Blades legend.

Well done Blades,another great bit of business,well done to Kyle too,Blades legend.

28 games and a legend,you lot are easily pleased.

Well yes to a point, but as I was saying to a mate of mine today, what's wrong with today's young un's?

He could have stayed at the Lane and lived with his mum and saved himself a fortune on rent.

I mean OK, he went for £48,000 per week ( according to a mate of mine ) and has had it increased to £75,000 per week and now he's doubled it.

But have you seen the rents in that big London town?

And he's had to put up with being surrounded by Cockerneees talking complete horlicks in that annoying accent.

Now he's going to have to listen to that appalling Manc accent, well he would have to if there were any in the squad.

It could have been so much more enjoyable, mum's Yorkshire puddings every Sunday, out with the lads up Eccy Rd after the match on Saturday.

I'm telling you, when he's retired and sat on the patio of his multi million pound villa, looking down through the olive groves toward the purple turning sea as the sun slowly sinks in the west, he's going to look back and wonder if it was all worth it.

Got to feel for him really.

Well yes to a point, but as I was saying to a mate of mine today, what's wrong with today's young un's?

He could have stayed at the Lane and lived with his mum and saved himself a fortune on rent.

I mean OK, he went for £48,000 per week ( according to a mate of mine ) and has had it increased to £75,000 per week and now he's doubled it.

But have you seen the rents in that big London town?

And he's had to put up with being surrounded by Cockerneees talking complete horlicks in that annoying accent.

Now he's going to have to listen to that appalling Manc accent, well he would have to if there were any in the squad.

It could have been so much more enjoyable, mum's Yorkshire puddings every Sunday, out with the lads up Eccy Rd after the match on Saturday.

I'm telling you, when he's retired and sat on the patio of his multi million pound villa, looking down through the olive groves toward the purple turning sea as the sun slowly sinks in the west, he's going to look back and wonder if it was all worth it.

Got to feel for him really.

I think he will still get the bus down to Maine Road next season,he knows it's only a short career and he's got to hold on to them experiences while he can.

The irony in that post . Bet he takes a decent penalty

Are you saying that 11 years as a Blade youngster counts for nothing?

He's one of our own.

Guest sibon

I bet that Scarborough holdings are very pleased. The sell on fee will allow a chunk of the debt to be paid off.

I bet that Scarborough holdings are very pleased. The sell on fee will allow a chunk of the debt to be paid off.

Paying off a debt?

That's a novel idea, where did you come up with that one from?