Parcel delivery job

Hi all, I'm just looking at the parcel delivery jobs that are available with hermes as it may fit around my lifestyle and childcare with you been able to work as and when you want, has anyone had any experience of this or any advice or thoughts please

I can't imagine how a parcel delivery company can function where it's drivers turn up when they want and work for as long as they want. My initial thoughts are there is more to this job advert then they're telling you but Hermes is so awful that might be exactly how it works!

I filled in the application and they said I had the job, but there were no vacancies in my area at the time, and they would contact me soon - that was nearly a year ago....

I can't imagine how a parcel delivery company can function where it's drivers turn up when they want and work for as long as they want. My initial thoughts are there is more to this job advert then they're telling you but Hermes is so awful that might be exactly how it works!

According to Hermes our address doesn't exist..wonder why we arranged for parcels to be delivered there? Of course it may be us and everyone else who is wrong..after all we've only been here for 23 years..

According to Hermes our address doesn't exist
It'll depend on who supplies their addressing data but it's quite rare for urban properties to not appear, does your address appear ok on the Royal Mail website?

It'll depend on who supplies their addressing data but it's quite rare for urban properties to not appear, does your address appear ok on the Royal Mail website?

Yes and on the council's council tax site :)..everyone else manages to find us...

I'd expect their data to be fed up from the council (source of all address data & who feed Royal Mail directly) so it might be that Hermes have cut corners somewhere and bought an incomplete commercial dataset rather than from the national project.

I'd expect their data to be fed up from the council (source of all address data & who feed Royal Mail directly) so it might be that Hermes have cut corners somewhere and bought an incomplete commercial dataset rather than from the national project.

Nothing to do with an incompetent driver who couldn't be bothered to walk 50 yards to deliver a parcel then? :)

Hi I worked for them for 12 years it's hard work at first you have timed slots and every parcel needs to be that day no holiday or sick pay. You have to get your own cover for holidays and its 6 days a week I left for another job full benefits and I should have done it years ago I'd never go back. Good luck !

Hi all, I'm just looking at the parcel delivery jobs that are available with hermes as it may fit around my lifestyle and childcare with you been able to work as and when you want, has anyone had any experience of this or any advice or thoughts please

Hi, not sure how close you are to Dinnington, but Parcelhub have opened a new depot there (Bookers Way) and are expanding. Currently about 3 drivers there I think

I've used Hermes once and they also said the address I wanted to deliver to didn't exist (although that was my customer giving me the wrong number in the address). I have no idea how long it took for the parcel to arrive, my customer never told me.

You could try http://www.collectplus.co.uk/ they're pretty much the same as Hermes but from what I've heard they're a bit better.