Did anyone live on the scowerdons estate?

Especially in the 1970's

Especially in the 1970's

Oh yes Wickfield Drive & Place, me and our Nigel, I may know you or vice versa :):)

Edited by Bypassblade

My Nan did. I also booked the old community centre behind the Jack in a Box for my parties.

I dated several girls from the Scowerdons during "senior" school as i only lived across yke Vale Road part of Hacky.

My Nan did. I also booked the old community centre behind the Jack in a Box for my parties.

I dated several girls from the Scowerdons during "senior" school as i only lived across yke Vale Road part of Hacky.

Willman the "Jack" used to be a top pub, I was Charlie :)

I wasn't old enough to drink during the time i hung around on there - and it was a busy popular pub at the time.

My nan lived on a street which ran adjacent to the sweet cabin which was next to the community centre,can't remember the road name tbh.But we were right at the top of the estate.

I wasn't old enough to drink during the time i hung around on there - and it was a busy popular pub at the time.

My nan lived on a street which ran adjacent to the sweet cabin which was next to the community centre,can't remember the road name tbh.But we were right at the top of the estate.

I know exactly where you are on about, :)

Lived there in the late 60's, only for a few months when it was known as Scowerdon's Farm. They were small maisonette-type houses with acres of well-mown grass around them. I think the estate was still being built, there were no shops, pubs or any other facilities then. Sounds totally different now.

WE lived on Scowerdon,s Drive 66 to 68 when we first got married, they were still building the estate then all open fields across to Woodhouse as we at the bottom

Lived there in the late 60's, only for a few months when it was known as Scowerdon's Farm. They were small maisonette-type houses with acres of well-mown grass around them. I think the estate was still being built, there were no shops, pubs or any other facilities then. Sounds totally different now.

Oh it is, it's been raised to the ground now :), but got some good memories

Oh it is, it's been raised to the ground now :), but got some good memories

Not slum clearance surely, it had so much potential. What's there now?

Not slum clearance surely, it had so much potential. What's there now?

Not too sure; if started building yet, apparently they have started now rebuilding new houses :)

Hi bypass..The scowerdons is now nearing its end towards the bottom.I.left last nov.New homes have been built just below the jack and ending with wickfield drive.The only vic hallams are standing woodhouse side of dyke vale rd.End of an era.I remember when the houses behind the jack were still fields,and went to a do at the jack as a kid and they was a sponcered piano push down silkstone rd,circa 1971.Anyone remember that?