Derby - Allocation / Pricing

Season ticket holders on kop get in for around £21 a game, so an increase of £20 for those not lucky enough to have a season ticket. Some way to treat fans that.

This what happens in a credit card World, people will pay what they are told and the banks will charge 20 plus percent on top . Modern life epitomises the "live now, pay later" mentality, more so than the old hire purchase of the 50's and 60's ever did.

I bet it doesn't sell out.

It almost has.

They say this every time .just look at the empty spaces on sunday .ill bet anybody 50 bars the ground is not full and not just the spaces of no allocation

They say this every time .just look at the empty spaces on sunday .ill bet anybody 50 bars the ground is not full and not just the spaces of no allocation

There are 20,000 season ticket holders, not all 20,000 will be there due to holidays and other commitments, empty seats dont mean the tickets haven't been sold.

What would the club gain by saying a games a sell out that isn't. :loopy:

top 1478 a derby game has not sold out since sky came on board ,I was ther on boxing day and at the lane the same season ,that's what you call sold out grounds

top 1478 a derby game has not sold out since sky came on board ,I was ther on boxing day and at the lane the same season ,that's what you call sold out grounds

Both grounds were mostly standing then and we didn't have SAG to contend with, I agree it would be better to see both ends full but we can only sell what we are allowed.

Yeah I went to both and both clubs got about 15,000 tickets for the respective away games at those fixtures in 1979/80, we won't see that again, times have changed, United have not had 40,000 plus for a match at the Lane since.

700 tickets left

Now 400 m8.

maybe not but if the club have sold all the tickets they can then it's a sell out.

Yeah I went to both and both clubs got about 15,000 tickets for the respective away games at those fixtures in 1979/80, we won't see that again, times have changed, United have not had 40,000 plus for a match at the Lane since.

How many times have Wednesday had a 40,000 plus attendance since 1979/80 and when was the last time you lot averaged 30,000 over a season?

How many times have Wednesday had a 40,000 plus attendance since 1979/80 and when was the last time you lot averaged 30,000 over a season?

not since the mid 60s,I stand to be corrected but after the world cup euforia,we had 30k plus for two consecutive seasons but have never reached that benchmark since

In the early 50s we averaged over 40k for 4 consecutive seasons.

I was at leeds man utd semi in 66 and there was over 65,000,un offically it was said 75,000 were inside,certainly felt like it

Edited by staninoodle